Wednesday, January 26, 2005

If a purple plastic bag could speak, it would say:

There's a purple plastic bag (2, in fact) in my house from Sainsbury that states: "Good Food Costs Less", which ironically is filled to the brim with some old files destined for the incinerator.

I'm trying out a junk food 'diet' for now. My theory being that those poor girls who indulge in junk food once a while will get fat, thus me will only eat junk food and ...get thinner. I don't think I have that high a metabolism to burn fats while I'm sitting down reading/surfing/thinking; so it must be the regular intake of fast food. It helps that I've been 'trained' since young. Would call my mum a junk-food-cook too. Heh (Sorry Mum, but the pasta's great!) On Monday I ate mango ice cream, fries and chicken chop for lunch, pizza and campbell's alphabet soup for dinner... Yea, I have a fondness for the nice twister fries at mcd's... is it called the 'prosperity fries'? Haha. It goes well with tartare saus. And I'm newly fixated on M&Ms - Peanut Butter's on the top for now. Sis said there was a 'Shrek' version that consisted of only shrek-colored M&Ms. Can't seem to find it, at least not at my local ntuc... Think only town areas or Cold Storage would stock it. I wonder if junk food will take off some years of my life? Hmmm. But I agree that Good Food Costs Less. Don't find restaurant food that fantastic anyways. The portions look too good to eat. And its too quiet, I get self-conscious in quiet places easily. I'm a fast-food and hawker centre type of person. Really. Really really really.

Went to JB yesterday, just felt like going out of "the city"(aka island paradise) for a while. Left at 11am was back at 5pm. Our seamless efficient public transport system. Realised that there's actually THREE buses going to JB - one SMRT/exTibs, and the 160 and 170 of SBS'... not counting the Malaysian-owned yellow smiley faced buses. Once again, we are spoilt for choice. And the fare being actually lower than what I pay if I want to go to town, I shall consider going JB more often. Stocked up on my Hollister tees, a third of the price here. Say less than S$15 for one... That's my environmentally friendly way of stretching my budget! And yes, I'm a brave one, I.went.there.myself. All by myself. No imaginary friends. Hoo. For me it's a cheap piece of cake considering I went to KL myself(by road) and I went to Sarawak myself(by air) so why not our friendly neighbor JB? Must admit though, I was rather fearful of those fearsome robbers who supposedly eyed you once you stepped out of the customs' ... I looked warily at the taxi-touters, wondering which was the pseudo one. After hearing Frank's story of his brother and 5 guy friends being robbed at Holiday Inn Plaza,(the one famous for dvd pirates) I definitely clutched my pouch tighter as I climbed the overhead bridge. Maybe it's my imagination but the beggars looked more sinister than before. I did go Holiday Inn Plaza once, alone too...but that's another story for another day. So yes, I had a great workout traversing the 4 storeys of the nearest mall, mentally stretched my faculties by doing an auto-conversion of RM to SGD on every retail stock, (I must mention that S$100 gets you RM223, its very enticing now... feel quite rich there le)... it was fun! And later on in the day, watched Elektra which was surprisingly good. I'm a Alias fan, naturally like Jennifer Garner too. Her acting's credible and the cinematograhy was good, way better than Daredevil's. =) All in all it was a fulfilling although tiring day.