Sunday, January 30, 2005

Deliriously happy.

"La peggior solitudine e essere privi di un'amicizia sincera." F.Bacon, on a quote from a Baci chocolate.

The incredible junk-food diet result: I've lost half a kg. From two weeks of eating chocolates, pre-CNY goodies, fastfood... And that is before my shopping-pasttime this week! Kinda scary and makes me wanna swear off junk food. Although I've bought black and white M&Ms today. And ate Long Johns' ... Heh. So I'm unhealthier and thinner now, ironically. Shall hit the gym to 'gain weight' again.

The week was extremely tiring as somehow I look like I enjoy shopping and have the tenacity to trawl the whole urban malls in search for that elusive perfect top/pants/apparel... Went shopping on Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat... claustrophobia now. Despite the baby-decline; Singapore still has thousands of people in town. I'm a picky buyer - material- and color- wise, at least. I actually like buying online. Basically I can fit into any 'S' top so long as it covers my midriff... Turned fashion consultant to my dear guy friends and mum this week. Found it frustrating - realised slightly plump people have a really negative self-esteem about the way they appear to look like in the mirror. Tried to be encouraging by suggesting helpfully certain colors and cuttings they might look better in. Felt that maybe it's me too - I take hardly any effort to stay the size I am. Found that fashion is terribly mean to people who are a plus size. Both trips turned out quite well though, with perseverance. Mum found quite a number of tops that really suited her despite her complaints that she felt like a dumpling. She was so happy she bought me a skirt too. It does pay off...

After a fortnight of no news which made me slightly uneasy, Ches emailed. He's back. But sick. I had this ominous feeling about him, and actually wrote it in some compartment of my ever-frenetic gray matter. Alas I never acted on it and with each day grew increasing dread (okie I'm exaggerating on my overactive imagination)... but yes, I'm glad he's back. It seems not-so- distant compared to onboard a big ship sailing in the big black sea. Have the notion of hopping up and paying him a visit. Yea?

Ever so tired but deliriously happy, its been said that you can't 'feel' your organs, as you can't feel your intestines, your liver, blah blah... but I can feel my heart beating happily. Its just so long since I've had a hug. From someone I love. And other heart-beating stuff too. The stuff that sends magic butterflies lurching up my tummy and tickling and taunting with pleasure. Yum.