Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Antinomianism

My latest topic of research is Antinomianism. It's an interesting topic for me, both on theology- and non-theology grounds. Nic told me he actually studied it in the uni course subjs, the moralistic overview and impact on society and individual in the early centuries. What's so interesting about this topic is that basically the miuse and misunderstanding of grace as defined within the boundaries of Church and Society would lead to a gnostic spiritualism- or libertinism where evil would prevail. Interesting, and I've finished the 2nd cd of Pastor Kong Hee's teachings. I never knew that all countries' judicial systems were based on the Mosaic law actually - the 10 commandments in its basic form. Gives a good premise to share to lawyers and justice reformers about my faith yea...

Antinomianism is the seduction of lawlessness, otherwise known as 'cheap grace'. It's not so much the Calvinist teaching (as widely believed): Once saved, always saved. It's rather the debasement of this teaching into something like Once saved, the grace provided gives you free rein to basically be hedonistic or do what you like, as you always have salvation. This form of grace is in defilement of the law which is embodied by Christ and found in the Bible. 3 forms of Antinomianism include Gnostic Spiritualism, Libertinism and Specific Ethics... Its what I need to know for now, especially with secularism creeping into the church, many people's arguments are not valid as they do not know what and why they are doing things. Like, why they are not watching M18 shows, why they cannot read the Da Vinci Code. I cannot really explain it to them, but I do hope that my convictions are right. I admit that I'm more of a liberal than a conservative, many things that I do might be shocking to some conservatives, but then again it does not bring much discomfort to me. So, whatever floats your boat, aye - and I do not mean it in a condescending nor apathetic manner.