Saturday, January 22, 2005

It takes on another meaning

Sometimes certain things in life take on a deeper, more significant meaning when certain experiences are attached to it. Happens to me all the time. It's called 'an anthropological fetish'. I always get attached to places, food, books, people... Well Mum sent me an email today about this 2 sisters, KL inhabitants who were saved in the midst of the tsunami at Phuket. I cannot help but feel touched at the way God ministered to them, through the song 'Still'. I've always been a fan of hillsong music, and this song is one of my personal favorites but significantly for me now as for them, this song takes on deeper meaning.

"When the oceans rise and thunder roars
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still know you are God"

Let God be God.