Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Simply amazing isn't it?

Me, rookie blogger. Realised today that if I type (in yahoo.com's search engine) 'a purposeful life', my weblog is the third site to appear on the list (out of over 576000...) ; and if I type 'singapore rachel lee' (yes that happens to be my name)... it's 3rd-placed. Curiously thinking if in meat-space (as opposed to cyber-space) , if people were to do a quick search for me, what would they type in the search bar ... Would 'a purposeful life' really be an apt description? Or would something else describe me better, better than a name I was born with and the country that I live in?

Thanks to Nedstat Basic 3.0 I can now track everyone that comes to read. Well, not specifically, but at least the countries they are from, and how they came. I'd like to believe in this cyber-space where new horizons are being bridged and landscapes changing at whimsy, (who knows - my site might just disappear tomorrow if I take a fancy to hitting the 'delete blog?' button...) some alignment brought these anonymous people here. And with the trepidation of all writers who value their writings, I hope that those who came found it a nice place to linger in, for a brief moment in space, that somehow I'd connected with them, in some way.

Am quite excited as today there's cause for wonder, and to murmur the words 'Simply amazing isn't it?' when I look and see the things that are set in motion, pieces of an interconnecting puzzle that fall into place, reason unknown. I'm brimming with excitement and happiness mixed with anticipation like a child who has just discovered bubbles, or on the first day of year-end holidays Sometimes small insignificant 'junk' speaks to you in volumes about their identity - and yours, too.

And a small something is going to find its owner who will keep it treasured and close, always.

Oh I can't wait...