Thursday, January 13, 2005

Simply amazing... part two

Well.

The pieces of the puzzle are finally interconnnected.

It's strange how it turned out actually. I was telling him a story about the (old) singapore two-dollar note (yes, it has a story to it) and ended up giving it to him. He opened up his wallet to place it in a blue thingy from years ago - something which I had not seen for a long long time. Wow, I thought. This guy has kept it for so long.

The 'it' in question is actually a card-sized blue folder that comes as a compliment with one of the adult-transitlink card that was produced way back in '98. That card has mosaic-like square prints on which, using the folder-thing, codes of the mosiac acutally forms many pictures; but without the folder the card is useless, and vice versa.

He, has kept the folder, without the card.

I, kept the card without the folder.

So here lies the puzzle. Went home, found it between my trunk of old love-letters and correspondences I hoard. Took it out - it was in really good condition. I wondered to myself, why did I keep this piece of 'junk'... for so long? It did not and does not now hold any sentimental value for me, therefore to hold on to it (without the folder it is useless, more so with the ez-link card being in usage...)

Maybe one day I would find the person that keeps the folder.

Found him although I was not searching for him.

Maybe he, too, kept the folder in his wallet for these long years in the hope that one day, it would be reunited with the card. And the 'wait' paid off. Sounds too good to be true, yea... It's amazing how normal everyday stuff - 'junk', so called; becomes meaningful when there is a hidden significance attached to it.

I don't go around hunting for these 'significances', but maybe, just maybe, they come, looking for me.

Because I'm open to them? Because I believe in them?

Perhaps everything around us have meanings and connections in symbols or languages we cannot understand as yet.

As for the card, for so many years being enclosed in the trunk, if it has feelings I hope it's happy with its new owner, who will always keep it, jointly with the folder, in his wallet - close to him constantly.

Wish I could be an inanimate object sometimes. =)