Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Most loved... kuih bangkit ... and...

The gula melaka kuih bangkits at Bengawan Solo are wonderful this year. Think its my fave 'goodie' of the season. Apart from abalone.

My mum is still spring cleaning, wonder when it will end... This year, I will take the time to absorb my new book (The Purpose Driven Church), and smile gratefully at all the nice relatives who give me some nice red packets to buy some nice things. Unfortunately no one ever asks me whether I'm attached or not, it would be meaningful to say, 'Yes I'm seeing someone' , this year. Perhaps I've the student-look. Perhaps it's because 2 of my 30 plus year old uncles are not married yet (And there's a high chance of them not getting married at all!) Gave him a difficult time when he asked to court me... said he had to ask my pastor for permission first, then I'll tell him my answer. He gulped... and I'm sure he'll blush when facing P Kelv, but "if this small thing can't even do, then how about future obstacles?" (chinese direct translation) I'm sure he's got the tenacity to do it, anyway, on saturday let's see what happens...think I'd be pretty blushy too and go hide in the ladies' or grab my friends' sleeves and huddle behind them... haha... saturday also happens to be my birthday not that I'm looking forward to it... Told myself last year that I won't be celebrating any more birthdays... although Kai pleasantly surprised me with this gigantic chocolate cake. Erm, thankfully my family loves chocolate so at the time of this writing it's half gone now. It was a hassle getting it into my already packed fridge but Mum was ingenious - she dissected it into tupperware-sized chunks, and relegated them to the freezer. Must say it tastes better frozen! So no kuih lapis for me this year, a staple of the season which Mum always finds the excuse to buy (my birthday cake, le...)

Alright... I'm so glad that I did not forget to pray, for him, for us...Prayer changes many things, firstly in the atmosphere and then in reality - Rachel's definition of how it works! Main thing is that, ... it works! I still need assurance that it IS going to work - past hurts and issues do resurface and the only thing I can do is to pray, not to let them affect my feelings and actions now, remembering that we are two sinners at the foot of the cross. I'm really thankful for the way he puts my feelings first before his, and how he supports me through my insecurities. This time round, it is so different from the normal way of loving someone - maybe I'm older now, but it's just a slow-unfolding type, not the heady-volatile type I'm prone too. Let's see how it goes, yea...