Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The doctorate cake

Shirley said her office window faces an open field with and expanse of blue skies and fluffy white clouds... Where can you find that in Singapore? ...If you're working in Woodlands...

My office window faces a row of foot reflexologists' and geomancer shops... mahjong centre, employment agency... (-_-) I think every month I will try out one reflexology place... then when I'm old I know which is the best one for my aching bones. I'm tall, so I will live longer... but also prone to osteoporisis and the like.

Anyways first day at work, Looked at clothes, went shopping aka market research... surfed the net for information and dreamt up ideas for the label. Managed to squeeze in time to visit Debbie at Khiels'. She told me about the toxic environment in her workplace and I wonder whether I can survive in one. Probably not. For a while perhaps I'd try to change the place; but I'd leave before the place changes me. I'm glad that I'm the chin-chye type and adaptable to most places and people, and most people like me too, but I've been in toxic environments and they are horrid, they just leave you withering, parched, sianz. So my best to Debbie who is considering an industry change... The financial industry? Wonder the meeting today with Mark's mummy a.k.a. boss in Prudential goes.

But more importantly, is their(Khiels') Lip Balm #1 is really that good. Maybe buy one soon. Terribly chapped lips, me. Not to mention my blistering peeling left foot.

They haven't told me my position yet.
I didn't buy the fighting fishies after all...
Next time when I own my own backyard, I will get a big dog. Not German Shepherd. not Doberman. Maybe Husky. But the one I really want is called... a Whippet. I think?... Sounds cute aye but noooo... its those type of slim dogs with really thin legs, hind legs looks like its standing on tiptoes and it has small ears that point downwards, and a long aquiline face on a small head.

The Whippet is a hardy, tough, swift and powerful athlete with a stable and steady disposition. Whippets can be aloof and may bark at strangers as they can become protective of their home. They are very friendly with family and those they know. Whippets are very adaptable, fitting in well with children, others dogs and even cats. -(pets.yahoo.com)

Oooo yea. So let's get a cat as well, with animal-loving neighbors' to take care of them while I jet-set around the world...

Ganesh brought a cake, those birthday-type-ones-with-glossy-fruits, to cell yesterday. We were wondering what was he celebrating. And I was also amazed that no one's ever allocated to bring food, but somehow someone always brings something for everyone to eat. How kewl is that. So, he said that he was fasting and praying for 3 years and finally, he's been accepted to study at the University of Delaware in material science for his doctorate! He said that every year he received the rejection letter he cried; but this year they accepted him and even agreed to sponsor everything, financially. Wow. His brother is coming over to NUS this july to do his PhD also. So there will be an additional 'doctor' in my cell -Susan is a fellow at NUS language dept. Feel humbled that I'm having a small small honors degree... they are the brainiacs here. If I make a date perhaps with the Masters' of Fashion programme, London, Central St Martins'... I will most likely be accepted there based on academia; but for now I'm content to learn more in the Masters' programme, Singapore, University of Life.

And I had two slices of cake. A pre dinner snack. (Dinner was bread with otah, cheese and japanese cucumber.) The cake tasted great too! From LIDO cake shop - I'm assuming not the cinema. Cheers to Ganesh; seeing him so happy brings a smile to my face too.

Three more weeks to the baked alaska!