Monday, April 11, 2005

Furniture Designer for the day

The start to my second week at work... I realise it's tough giving so much time to the company that employs you... but it shouldn't drain you, it should be a positive environment. So far it's not really hectic yet and I actually woke before the alarm today and happily set off on the NEL. Used to dislike the NEL for being so expensive and erratic but it seems to be running really efficiently now. I will get immense satisfaction if my designs become reality, for the counter-top and display shelving in the not-yet-started-renovating shop. It's so exciting to see a design, a simple one but nonetheless, one I came up with, 'fruition' and become a fixture that's going to be used... for quite some time.

Read something quite awhile back but this phrase keeps coming to mind recently, it goes something like, how we spend too much time on our bad relationships and neglecting the good ones when actually we should spend more time developing the good ones and not just take it for granted because it's good, stable, etc. I ponder whether I am building good relationships or am nonchalant about relationships. I still don't think I am a very people person but I do have the knack of setting strangers at ease, and talking to them, and being myself and both parties are not anxious but relaxed, comfortable... I guess I don't really care about keeping up appearances to a certain extent, I appear secure as opposed to insecure and trying to hide it by being ridiculous. But maybe that's just my own perspective. I wonder why some people only create problems, both for themselves and others - is it very selfish if we don't bother about them? They are self-centred, aye, but if we become like them then we are no longer influential. Yet it is draining to want to help them, and I shouldn't be so concerned anyways. Perhaps it's a testing of my willpower and personal character, how I behave inwardly and outwardly. Its better to err on the side of good and godly intentions.

While I was ranting to Shiner about how some people... just do not do what they say, or plan to do... perhaps they lack a certain kind of motivation found in very driven individuals. But, if they don't mean it, then why tell everyone about what they are going to do but in the end, procastinate and give diplomatic answers? I guess for me I would not even say it out, perhaps try first and see if what I want to do is feasible. Well, Shiner said, 'Aiya, this kind of people they are always like that; always say (for years sometimes) but never do, don't waste your time on them...' Guess that's true then, they have to pick themselves out from their self-delusion about the things they want to do but in reality everyone knows they are incapable of doing, unless they change their motivations drastically.

Lil Hedgehog's quite a studyholic...when perfectionism sets in, it can be destructive? I mean, no one should feel guilty taking a few hours' nap on a sunday afternoon... Think I value rest and personal space a lot, but I do set myself high standards to excel as well. And studyholics should sleep more. Aye?

Work is important.
Sleep/Rest/Exercise is important.
Relationships are important.
Family is important.
God is important.
My cell/ministry is important.
My personal space is important.

What's the most important?

Hmmm...