Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Zoo was nice

The Zoo was nice- it's fun to revisit places that I've not been to in a while. Always never did manage to finish seeing all the animals in a single trip though. It was so funny, the animals were really 'over' friendly... we were walking down the pavement and then suddenly a big bird, crane-like creature, decided to walk out and on the road, much to the amusement of the small children who followed it. Then there was the golden tamarind waiting for us to look at it... the mouse deer that crossed our paths; and the pretending-to-be-a statue loris who cocked its head, closed one eye and stuck out its tongue. Hilarious. Can't say I have any favorite animals, though I like looking at the primates - the hamadryas baboons were cute, and I like wild cats too, especially the leopard and tigers. There were new enclosures since I last visited some 3 years ago...And the Ben and Jerry's made a sweet end to the trip.

Seem to be in a wandering daze these days... not really thinking about much stuff, just floating aruond and doing things but not actively having any passion for it. Perhaps I'm too afraid that my feelings are volatile that I instinctively clamp down on them and pretend they do not exist. I need to talk to someone, more than ever. But maybe when the time comes I have nothing to say. After all, words do not matter, or do they? I'm an extreme case - either I feel loads , or feel nothing at all. I prefer the latter, but it's disgusting, almost like a robot, artifically engineered, is that what we're making ourselves out to be...?