Saturday, June 11, 2005

In Thailand...

Gonna write really long, miss writing while I was away and there are so many experiences I couldn't even express in words alone...


Happy that I'm back - it seems like I've been away for so long although it's only been a week or so! The last day in Bangkok, bought so many things, mostly for my family, clothes and other stuff they wanted. It was a really nice time experiencing the city with the guys - jojo, frankie and matt. And later febs joined us - she's one of the girls with the shopping style similar to mine - see, like, buy and go. The guys too, it was so funny to see Matt's face light up when we mentioned shopping! Went to the stationery wholesale mart and the Suan Lum night market - one day there isn't enough to see and do all the stuff... no tidbit shopping, no massage. But we did a lot of other things, went to eat Tom Yum and after that sharks'fin soup and bird's nest... It's a wonder we didn't bomb after that. And Frankie discovered his thai 'roots', everyone there spoke thai to him... he should have faked it to get us discounts! Hehe. All in all it was slightly exhausting... one day rushing about the place...I'm really glad everything worked out fine and we got to extend our trip there! Been quietly observing my friends too, realised they have a lot of good points, and after these days of being so close, I'm really going to miss them badly!

On the night we went to HardRock Cafe, I was very introspective 'cuz God really really spoke to me on that night's message earlier... and I just wanted some time to myself so I became quite subdued and serious. Remembered I sat on these 'rocks' outside HardRock, away from the cluster of the people, looking sadly into the distance...then Matt just came and sat beside me, not saying anything for a while. Later on, I shared. (Yes, those girls noticed that too.) Since the beginnning of my cell-planting when there was only me and Frankie, I was so grateful for Matt looking out for me and inviting him to supp with him, always. It's kinda funny in the camp, 'cuz in the first few days he always forgot to ask us along, then had to quickly come and find me and tell me, then I tell Frankie... Later on the girls started to ask me along too, so it was okay.

Tried the foot reflexology in the Pattaya hotel, it was 300 baht for about an hour, quite a steal compared to Sg's, and the style was different - chinese master style was to squeeze the muscles around the acupuncture points but the thai style was just to gently press in the centre of the point. Certain points she pressed, I could really feel it shooting to my bladder, or my neck... or other parts...which really corresponded to the foot-chart. So it was good! I realised that Frankie and Matt are a lethal combination - put them together and it becomes a laugh-a-minute session with both poking fun at each other... me and June couldn't relax properly, we were laughing so hard! They were so scared at first - all the guys, especially Matt who seemed so reluctant to join us, but after much persuasion from Frankie came and sat down gingerly with a sceptical expression. They looked so fearful! It was so funny. The other guys were so so scared too... it was their first time. Hahaha...

There were bedbugs in Frankie's bed in Bangkok... But thankfully we discovered it as we were chatting in the night together... then they changed room. My room was slightly freaky and definitely occupied by... something else... When we reached, Matt was timed to reach an hour late - as his coach timing was later, so I took a bath while the guys were in the other room. The bathroom was so eerie, I bathed tensely and the hairs on my back were standing for no reason. Halfway though the shower suddenly stopped! Jojo said perhaps there was something wrong with the valve, and he had a problem in the shower as well. My second bath was bad too, the water kept getting hotter and hotter... the feeling in my room was just not good and it was a vey oppressing feeling that lay in the room, especially in the bathroom. Told them about it and the dear SL suggested we should pray for both our rooms. We started with theirs and then went to mine - while we were praying in the bathroom the sense of heaviness was so strong, it was so scary but thankfully the dear SL initiated the prayer and started declaring bible verses loudly in the place. Whew.

TO BE CONTINUED...