Monday, July 04, 2005

16 chapters of Proverbs wor!

Was miffed by some joker in the morning, claiming he's from church and smsed me if he could 'make friends'... Slightly tired also due to the long weekend of meetings which probably explains my irritated mood. Searched through Proverbs today, was looking for the verse Pastor Dominic spoke about "hope deferred..." I ended up reading 16 chapters of Proverbs, I think I'll keep at it and probably finish reading it tomorrow. That's the good thing in higher education, the independence of conducting our own study sessions and playing your own music instead of listening to blah ones on the radio, ones which you probably can't change the channels unless you're boss. Many many (too many) proverbs spoke to me... I underlined some of them in pencil. Here, in NLT:

Above all, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do (4/23)

No real harm befalls the godly, but the wicked have their fill of trouble (12/21)

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come true, there is life and joy. (13/12)

A bowl of soup with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate. (15/17)

We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps. (16/9)

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy. (16/20)

Shall try to remember all these. Many truths.