Tuesday, July 19, 2005

2 in like

Some people are naturally encouraging in such a subtle way that you don't realise it until you do.

Sometimes when two people like each other, it doesn't mean they have to be together.

I've ever prayed to God "Help me not to like this person".

With the help of my prayer buddy who dismissed the seriousness with gentle ribbing, but eventually he prayed too, albeit in a humorous way and told me he complied.

I'm always careful of what I pray for, because my prayers work. And it did, I stopped having tremulous feelings and could look the guy in the eye and have a decent conversation with him without my tummy fluttering butterflies.

I prayed that prayer because in reality, which remains unchanged, the future for us was not a part of it, even though he was perfect in all other aspects.

Sometimes when two people like each other, it doesn't mean they have to be together.
They have to ask God and themselves, "Do we share the same destiny?" "Will our destinies converge?"

... to be continued, when I have more answers to the tough ones.