Sunday, July 17, 2005

An inclination to Shiner's side

It's always the case for me.

How I develop a sudden bonding to certain buddies of mine because of a burgeoning interest in their good friend. And then when the feeling ends, how these buddies stay on to become permanent fixtures in my life even though we don't talk about loveful feelings anymore.

Lately been attached to Shiner - at his side, like some sort of appendage. It's not intentional on my side, it just happens that amongst the many thorns he's the one with a sincere concern for me, and one I can trust with my words. Also, the time spent dissecting what was said and what was done by the sweet sweet guy, we developed some strong bonding for the both of us. There's no such thing as 'too close' for me - between friends - I always need closer ones, me being so guarded; and Shiner's here for this season.

When people are close, others around them can sense it, they either remain silently observing, or in a true Singaporean way, make jibes at the both of you: "Eh how come you two alone here at the bus stop *hint*" "Both of you like very close, hor" To which I'd usually reply with a sardonic facial expression, and have to reassure the poor guy (Shiner in this case) that being associated with me is not a bad thing in itself and the jibes or whatever will die down, with time. It's one of a many times for me, and I'm sure, not the last. I think I have the wannabe attached look that's why. Or perhaps, they are really interested in 'who I'm waiting for'. Which if they are really interested, I will really tell them his beautiful name. But they didn't ask so the speculation goes on. Spice up their lives a bit...

I realised that some things are not to be rushed, relationships, friendships, there needs to be a certain amount of time invested into it.

It is also through the trying seasons in life that you realise the mettle of your friends - the intensity of their prayers, and their faith in you and God.

For me, I've been trying to be a good friend and cell leader. Every morning before work, whilst waiting for the northbound train (4 mins usually), I will pray for Sheepy's and Fifi's healing to take place. I can't say I'm faithful enough to believe totally that my prayers are effective - for I have just started to believe. I've never prayed for someone everyday before. Not for a really long time. I hope though, I can continue praying months and months and one day, they will tell me that they are healed.

It seems so easy, just to say a lil prayer for someone for a few minutes each day.

If it is so easy, how come I find it challenging...

Some days, it seems so difficult to pray.