Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Impossible is nothing

Lately, I've been repeating this phrase to myself. I think it's a good phrase, especially during these times when I have to face so many challenges. But never mind, Rachel loves challenges. Sometimes disappointment in life is necessary? I believe for me, it helps me to treasure the things I have. And it is fun, looking for the silver lining in every gray cloud. Without those disappointments, I would never know how much my friends care for me, or what is my 'adversity quotient', how weak a character I have, or what are the areas I should avoid.

Meeting so many people gives me an insight into human behavior - I still don't understand... why some people have such mindsets, why some are much more easygoing, have less hang-ups in life, and are generally more successful. Maybe one day, I'll find out the answer and relate it in a book or something. It's messy, human relationships, especially when there is love, or material gain involved, the conniving and selfish side of human nature starts to take over and peace is abandoned. Trying to hone my listening skills, to walk around slowly, and learn more from the people around me.

For me, in the past and as well as now, I want to forge relationships based on a genuine and sincere interest in the person as a friend, not for any commercial gain or side motivation. It's hard to convey that, when you are in a sales job; but I guess I have to prove my sincerity. For now it's still the 'tryout' stage, pretty happy using different tactics and motivational approaches to get to see what moves the cheese. It's fun fun fun and I do like it here. Still very very optimistic now.... probably 'cuz I also have high expectations, of what miracles God can do this time round. the more difficult it is, the more my faith level increases, because the reality of the matter then, will blow my mind.

Had a good time showing Sheepy and Shiner my office today... they complimented it. I'm blessed to be here. Shiner said it had an open, relaxed setting...which I totally agree. Find it serene and not pent-up tension in the air like most offices. It's good to do work in a place you love. Later, went to have a simple dinner and coffee. We're supposed to be adults now, it seems childhood is far, far, away. Hee... last friday Jelly and I had fun playing with Shiner's stuff, hiding his present in his bag, trying to slip his handphone in his pocket! Tonight, we will try to quietly slip his birthday card under his pillow....as he wakes up to being 24, hope that he finds it soon? It's a cutesy pop-up card which I think he would really be pleased with. Happy birthday... may all your dreams come true!