Thursday, October 06, 2005

Listening ears take away sadness

Berteman seorang baru hari ini, yang membesarkan hati saya.

Always be prepared for life's changes.

I have to admit that the variety of people I meet daily shapes up my perspective in life. Perhaps I've been incredibly blessed, but so far, the people I've met have been kind, sincere, and friendly. They say that life reflects what you make of it. Maybe, I see a reflection of my inner positive tendencies in them too. I'm still very very shy at talking to new people, though.

I've met a man who lives by faith yesterday. Like the ones in Hebrews, he deserves a hall of fame for himself. Never ever thought I would meet someone like that, who inspires me by his willingness to obey God, his unwavering trust that God will provide, his openness in sharing and ministering, how God opened so many doors of opportunities for his newly-planted church. More on that, later. I just wanted to share with the ones I thought would also catch his enthusiasm and joy at what God is doing. Well, the road ahead is an uphill one for him.

And being incredibly blessed, I am at a loss for words at the departure of a dear soul - one I've not known for long, but he is moving on to 'conquer countries'. My new boss, transferring to Hong Kong. Was tearful, and sad, an emotion that seems to keep surfacing in me recently. I do know what I want to write to him. It moves me when he said to his team, about me, the 'latest arrival', that 'This girl is a fighter. She will make it.' Even now, I'm choking up. His words mean so much to me. I'm sad that my personal John C. Maxwell is going to leave. I enjoyed, so much, the times spent sitting in his room and just chatting, analyzing personality types, reviewing sales strategies, just enjoyed absorbing his wisdom, and the calmness of his presence in the midst of a small, personal storm. It touches me so much that he believes in me. I never told him this, but he's the type of guy that I'm going to find, and marry. Although these shoes are hard to fill. Sob sob. The best boss I've ever had. The one that taught me the most, yet spent the least time with me.

Am grateful too, today I made a friend in the office, although I have to say I was not good company, quite crabby because I was hiding my vulnerable feelings. I've realised not too long ago, that if you wait for the 'right' time to say things, it will pass you by, and perhaps the chance is gone, forever. That is also why, recently, I've taken to writing letters and postcards, just because there isn't enough time, to say all the important things felt and received. Before I left the office today, I told him I appreciated him for chatting with me, letting me sit there and mumble, and disturb his work, and just making me feel better. I'm grateful for the company, for the many listening ears at a time like this, I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart.