Sunday, October 30, 2005

One key to my heart

Writing is the key to my heart.

It soothes me, allows me to think through my fleeting feelings, gives me a sense of peace as I journal my prayer needs, write down my schedule, plan out my meetings and communications. Writing down my reflections helps me to remember my Creator and my identity.

Reveals different parts of my nature as I write notes, letters, poems, songs.

_______________________________________

And in the spaces of time, gaps where I felt alone, and friendless, I found that Sheepy was always there for me. Being quiet and rather shy, he would not let me know that he is looking out for me, or that he notices my sadness, notices everything, things which I did not even notice myself. And in his own serene way he would comfort me, in the only way he ever knew. Why am I special, that he would look out for me? Perhaps that nature of watching and guiding people is inherent in him. Perhaps God sent him, a guardian angel to light my path, a father figure to those not very much younger than him. Sheepy is always there at the right time. I feel bad that always in times of anguish I turn to him, but who else can I turn to? Whose advice can I depend on? Being there for me is a thankless job... ... one that requires high giftings too! I am very touched by his little kindly deeds, and I love him so; although never in a romantic sense would it be, for me. Dear, dear Sheepy. I'm glad God made him this way, so sheep-like, gentle-voiced and unruffled manner. Someone I could never be like. Perhaps our differences are exasperating, but ultimately, it brings us together in a way that other people cannot really understand. I shall stop complaining about our differences because I always forget the times where he's there, low-key, but there, for me. And being someone I can count on for the bad times of my life is enough for me to open my heart to.