Monday, October 03, 2005

Underlying thoughts

You see, I believe that everything I do, think, or say, has some underlying thoughts, feelings, or motivations behind it. When I say aye, it doesn't mean I necessarily totally agree. A good listener to me is one who understands, me, more than what is being said. It's tiring to explain things to people who simply don't get it. A little impatience on my part. Then again, it's the undeniably strong chemistry that draws some people together through no fault of their own.

I'm getting flashbacks of things that happened recently. Hey, I thought that you only get flashbacks about things that happened long ago. Something they call 'emotional baggage', unresolved feelings and agendas from way past. Perhaps I've dealt with my past so well that now I have to deal with the recent past. I did ask myself, wy am I so hung up over all the things that happened? I'm not particularly sad, nor upset, nor regretful... so why am I making myself miserable, thinking about all the things that should not have been.

And then I realise the reason why.
I'm disappointed with myself.