Thursday, November 10, 2005

Daytrip n Rupiah's looks

Hmm. I suppose I should say something about the photos. Aye went to Bintan for a day, stocked up on stuff that I would need for the Aceh trip.

Got: anti-bacterial socks to wear with the construction boots, white tee-shirts with my-type-of-prints, one that says "Military Engineer" whee! (I bought 5, my friends are going to get sick of seeing me in them everyday), a stylo hat, and construction worker pants that my sister commented looked really construction worker, haha! Most importantly, bought an Inggeris-Bahasa guide, small pocketbook. I shall carry it around everyday when I'm there.

And drink Sosro everyday.

I'm so looking forward just to drink it. Sosro addict, methinks. Apart from a good chocolate cake, I get high on tea as well. Makes me happy and hyper. Drink tea almost everyday! Can't lug away bottles and boxes of it in my backpack though... =) After the briefing yesterday, my enthusiasm for the trip is mounting! Sheepy said he has been waiting for this a long time, haha...since july! Well, I have been praying hard for it! Finally! Can't wait to pound the 'batus' and use the 'gergajis' on the 'kayu'...

And it does feel good to carry wads of thousands dollar notes with me... 25000 my hat cost. Realised that the notes looked rather different from what I remember. Gave Shiner 5000 (hahaha!) on his birthday, the note now looks different? Smaller, duller colors? (Brown and green, bad combination if you ask me.) Did they change their currency in the last few years? *stops awhile to google my meanderings*

The one I gave Shiner looked like this:










Big, bright and crispy papered! Nice, right... (Oh I like crispy money!) The 5000 that is used today:Some cautious looking man in a turban with a conical beard. The dull, brown and green combi. Not crispy... Boooo. Didn't know my 5000 note became antique. If I knew, I would have kept it and not gave to Shiner... Can take back? To think that I was joking with him, saying that if you keep it longer... ...the more worthless it becomes. Cannot even buy toilet paper next time. (For the uninitiated, I was referred to the inflation and current rupiah's situation in forex right now. Which is, sinking...)

Well!

I still have thousands left for my Sosro when I go to Aceh, whee!