Sunday, December 18, 2005

Gifts of love

L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one I see
V is very, very extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore and...

Love is all that I can give to you
Love is more than just a game for two
Two in love can make it
Take my heart and please don't break it
Love was made for me and you

-Love, Nat King Cole


Ever wondered where did the tradition of 'kissing under the mistletoe' orginate from? Or why are Christmas trees a must-have in any home to bring out the spirit of the season? Or, which country has the most holidays??? ...Well, for "A Sunnydale Christmas", I will try to find out and hopefully as we celebrate Christmas, we will know the answers to these trivia, and most importantly of all, the reason for the season.

Going to give really meaningful gifts these year. Not store-bought, these are created by me, useful for all-year-round... I hope that it is as meaningful for the receivers as it is for the giver. Knowing that they will appreciate these gifts, that it will be a source of inspiration and hope for them through their journey in life means so much to me.

It's been a tradition to write cards every year. More than just a message, I really pen down heartfelt words - of what we have experienced through the year, things that I've always wanted to say, but never really had the opportunity to.

It's the season of giving. Giving of gifts to those we treasure, giving of hearts to those we love, giving our lives to the One in whose Name we trust, the one who is called "Immanuel".

God will be with us in this season.