Sunday, February 19, 2006

A new locket

I love to spend time with friends. I counted the number of sms-es greetings I received on my birthday... wow... it's 14. Beat that! I am very amazed and count myself blessed to have so many people who care for me enough to think of me in their hearts and buy me stuff I really like. Went shopping with SincereStar yesterday, she was looking for nice workwear. Me, I already bought like so many workwear tops during the post-CNY sale that I was just content to browse around happily with her. On a side note, realise that I'm starting to become more feminine, like to wear those blouses with a girly touch to it. I must be growing up, in my taste. Never imagined that I'd like lacy stuff, or actually look good in it. I do feel different, dressing up, as compared to my usual lackdasical, cropped pants and sleeveless cotton shirt look. Feel different in heels and lady shoes at work too, although the pain threshold still remains.

We went to this shop, Mesh, at Far East. Haven't gone there for such a long, long time... my perception of the place is that all the stuff there is really too lianish and juvenile for me, and not cheap too... I'd rather pay a bit more and get Euro labels than the ones from Hongkong - material's really bad anyways. The old days are gone, I remember after school, every week we would take a detour into town, catch a movie (Those days, we were rich... and movies were cheap)... always going into the same shops, Quiksilver at Pacific Plaza, this hairclip shop at Far East Plaza, and then always watching movies at Lido or Cine. Sometimes, we hung out at Bishan, too. Every week, the same routine. I was a Times Square kid for the longest time. Until I decided that it was too boring taking neoprints every week and playing basketball was more fun. And boyfriends demanded of my time and energy, too! It's true that the noisy bonds formed between women always take second place after a quiet bond formed with a man.

SincereStar and I were at this shop - we were fascinated by this watch, apparently quite famous, the time was told by various lighted up dots... it made a good window display and at the invitation of the shopkeeper we ventured in. Nice chunky jewellery at affordable prices, mostly looked like it was for guys though, although I honestly doubt any of my guy friends would appreciate if I gave them a shield pendant or a leaf ring to wear. There was this nice heart shaped locket, half carved in wood and half in silver, ornate yet modern that I really liked... looked a bit like a heirloom yet small enough to not be ostentatious.

SincereStar was so nice, she bought it for me! As a birthday present. Wow. She really made my day! It's a rare day that I actually like things like that... firstly I don't really like jewellery, only earrings and watches, and even for that I'm quite particular. Secondly, I don't really like wearing things around my neck... but I have a thing for lockets for the longest time... Oh... now I understand how trinkets can make little girls and grown women happy. Ha.

We saw many couples with bouquets. Haha- the guy buys the bouquet, but the guy has to carry them when the girl is shopping. I wonder how they felt. I wonder how the flowers felt. I was mentioning to SincereStar that some of my guy friends, those geeky ones... although they have been attached for like a year, or more... they never bought flowers for their girl before. Sheesh man. I know I will never like this kind of guys. It's not about the flowers right, it's about romance. How boring - like my parents I think. Anyways my mum claims she only likes plastic flowers - bleah. Totally different generation. We agreed that those guys who are non-romantic, ie, no flower in sight, is a definite no-no. Then again... my parents will grill me I think, if I brought flowers home. Haha. The guy would have many 'points' added. Haha. Realised Kie is 'growing up' too... He seems to show more maturity in treating girls well. Maybe he has learnt from my expectations in my sharings. He is more 'man' now. Hope he buys flowers soon~ I'd be happy for him, then.