Wednesday, February 15, 2006

No room reminisces

When you're really tired out and it seems as though, there is no room left in your life... to think about the things that really matter... Or to meet up with people you want to spend more time with just lounging in their presence, what hurts most? Is it the things you do daily that defines a successful person? When you are rich, busy, and successful, do you remember the music that accompanied your readings by the river...do you remember the people that helped you along the way. Those who believed you could make it, those who always ask, "how's sales?". Those who care about your financial status and love you despite being broke. Would I remember the friends who really care whether I fail or not, the ones who provided me with names and numbers; the father who keeps asking about my deals and paying for my phone bills.

And when the taste of success is so close at hand, do you imagine your life, taking on a different facade? Do you imagine your investments bearing fruit finally, and enjoying the way things has turned out for you, that you no longer have to worry about anything because your dreams are realised and there is nothing else you actually really want anymore? Even the purchasing of little items at sale prices do nothing to stem your disillusionment, your apathy. Only that, deep inside you know that there is a greater purpose. In fact, purpose is the very reason why you started out in the first place. Not venturing forth purely for money, or for success, but for an opportunity to impact people in the marketplace. Things started off slow, and they still are, but with treasured colleagues and superiors, it is possible to make it. Already many are impressed, by the way things have turned out to be. And along the way, many more will come.

To focus on something is terribly difficult especially when there are lots of other distractions coming up along the way. And when the road ahead seems like an uphill climb for now. But I also remember the times where I had persisted on; the tough times when you feel like no one understands what it means to keep doing the things I'm doing - I've been there. And when I look back, the lonely and trying times were really very short - just a few months' span, in fact. Well, it's another long trudge uphill again for me this time. I took many detours along the way. But I realised this week that I have to devote myself more to a successful pursuit.

Monty said yesterday that in his opinion, I'd make a really good manager.
Coming from him, a manager, that's a real compliment. I sometimes wonder why people see potential in me when the results have yet to be seen. He really meant what he said. Soemtimes it's the belief that others have in you that would inspire yourself to succeed. It's because you want them to be happy for you too, almost as much as you would want it for yourself.

When you're really tired out and it seems as though there is no room left in your life, there is always a small space left to believe in someone, and encourage others who are also walking this uphill road.