Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The ONE thing I'd ask

This year is the Year of the Dog.
Which is my year.
Which makes me 24 years old
But, I am born on CNY eve in the Lunar Calendar.
So I am only 23.
But my real birthday has not come around yet.
So I am still 22.


Oh it's difficult explaining how I can be two years older within a couple of weeks' difference. Arh, never mind.

More important questions at hand.

Finished one chapter - Well 95% complete of the chapter in the book/novel I'm writing. I write several chapters and little parts at a time, so that's quite good already. It's quite draining mentally as my thoughts have to 'multi task', but I do enjoy writing tremendously, it's quite a euphoric experience, though I wouldn't say better than eating chocolates.

Asked many of my Christian MSN buddies a really serious question last evening. I asked them,
"What is the ONE question you would ask God, that you really want the answer to?"

I was honestly not prepared for their answers because, I personally felt I don't have anything worth asking.

It was funny when one of them asked, "Why is Rachel asking me this question?" But all my nice MSN buddies answered openly, and sincerely. Questions like:

Will I get married?

Who will I get married to?

What is my life purpose/career/destiny?

Why am I here?

How much time left do I have?

Why does God say 'no' to prayer requests?(Those sick people we pray for, then die)

Why do miscarriages and stillborn births take place? How could God possibly have a destiny for them?

When would Jesus come back?

Why would God want to die for a person like me? Was it all worth it in the end?

Is there a shortcut to heaven? (Referring to Enoch and Elijah)

If God is real why is there war and disaster and why does He seem not to do anything about it?

Who's the right girl for me?

When is the world going to end?

Why are people not equal? (Rich, poor, different status you are born with)



I realised that there are so many questions that we do not have answers for. And more surprisingly, everyone has questions to ask. Everyone.

I have asked God the question about "Who's my life partner" before. It's strange, so many people ask this question too. Perhaps deep down inside we are also searching for the best within us. Or we are afraid of making mistakes, to fall out of His Destiny. Is there really an answer to this one? I asked those who asked this question, "Have they asked God?" Some, have not. They shared their fears about actually knowing who. Some have asked, but said they did not receive any answer. Perhaps the right one has not appeared yet! And they shared fears of not knowing, or even if knowing, fearing that they cannot accept it.

I think it's amazing that we even have the privilege to ask God... GOD! any questions.

About the question about "Who's my life partner"(More specifically, I asked last year, "Who's the best one for me?") God showed the answer - though of course I cannot be 100% certain until I get married, right. Or if I choose another man consciously.

Although I'm not so sure about accepting it yet. In fact, I'm sure I do not want it. Misapprehensions, fears, reserving the right of choice, and inclinations towards other parties.
A part of me rues the fact that I sincerely asked God, and sincerely expected an answer.

Can I accept it even though he's not what I want?

(Can he accept me, too?!)

_______________________________________

So, if God really answered our ONE question (If we asked Him), what would you think His answer would be?

And would we really want to know it?