Monday, February 27, 2006

To b or non-b?

Yet another one bites the dust.

Just thought that it would be nice to share that I am fully convicted that a non-believer (relationship wise) is totally out of the question for me; but even right now, I don't have the heart to say it truthfully. The past week, we had chance encounters with people who reminded us that hey, everyone has emotions and those who follow theirs, often put their hearts on their sleeves. Waiting for others to stab them down.

I have experienced relationships with non- and (what's the opposite of non?) not-non-believers alike. Some short-term, others more serious.

Asked Johnny how it felt like to stay single for over 10 years already. Since he accepted Christ he never got attached. Are standards set too high? He admitted he was attracted to this non-b girl recently. Asked him why he never started. He said he couldn't imagine what to say to end it. Is he going to stay single his entire life just for the sake of this one thing which was written in the Bible? And am I going to respect those, many many, singles in our church for having done that, despite the fear that they might be left-on-the-shelf? OR do I judge those that have fallen, fallen in love with someone that they were not supposed to?

Heard sob stories from new-bs and old-bs alike how difficult for them this struggle is.

Would I still go to heaven despite being attached to this non-b?

Yes. I believe so. Just that you can't find a godly man to marry you off. Maybe the godly man feels for your situation too, but he has to live up to his title. You can still wear white. You can still invite me to your wedding.

Sometimes Bs have too many hang-ups because of too many beliefs. Make it simple, let your honest answer come from your soul, your heart, your spirit, your mind. If I condone these relationships, what kind of christian leader am I being? Can I be sure that I won't fall - in love - too? After all, falling in love is not dependent on which belief you come from. But it is already written in the Holy Bible, what is - and what isn't. What should be and what should not. Hey, read it for yourselves.

I am attending Johnny's brother's wedding in a few months'. The first few of my classmates to get hitched. While a posh wedding is ideal, what happens after the marriage is - the rest of your lives together. Johnny, I can't say that I'm brave enough to make the same decision when it comes to the crunch. But I do respect you getting your act together, despite the pressure from your peers to find a girl, despite people wondering if you are gay just because you've not been in a romance for some time. Keep going, love awaits.