Monday, March 06, 2006

Easy to Love Part 1

Excerpted from a Chester email:


"spoke to my mom again a few days ago for the second time. was nice to hear her voice again. a little advice from me: tell your parents that you love them more often (if you don't already do so). it's easy to take them for granted cause we think that they're going to be around for some time. i still remember when i met up with my dad in a small cafe in KL when i was 17 and had just finished high school. it was just the two of us. i hadn't seen him in almost a year, and somewhere along the conversation he said, "i can't help thinking that you hate me." i said i don't know "but i think a part of me does." he just noded his head. when he left that day that was the last time i saw him; he left for good four months later. rachel, what i would give to take those words back. so, don't make the same mistake i made, don't wait till it's too late."
Was just thinking these days, how easy it is to love people and how difficult to love God. Or vice versa, in certain ways. Been hankering on the topic of love a little bit, pretty much due to the things that have been happening around me and the way I feel towards people.
Well isn't that something all of us love to dream and read about.
Including me. I love Chester emails on mondays, they bring a sense of harmony.