Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Dreams and what they mean

Been having vivid dreams lately! Quite intrigued by it, it's been a while since I could remember my dreams ...and these are really detailed dreams. At the same time I wonder what they could be telling me. My dreams lately all involve death - theme of death is strong in the dreams which I have almost nightly. Nothing much to worry about though, I read up online and the sites say, these theme of death means there will be a change, or I'm preparing for a change in my life... and the death theme, could also symbolize fear.

I do know myself pretty well so I'm quite surprised to have these dreams lately. Maybe nowadays I don't give enough time to myself to introspect like before. That is why these dreams pop up. I can't remember the last time I had such dreams... maybe its been years!

Which is better for my psyche actually, I feel less 'dark' and being in touch with myself. However I find that I cannot handle the internal stress that I produce at times, just wanting to shut off
from everyone and keep to myself.

The first dream: I am in a school which is actually a big house, the school is run by two ladies, one of which is more senior (something like a boarding school) and there was one day only the two ladies, me, and a boy who was my playmate left in the school. It was a stormy, gloomy afternoon when one 'uncle' came to the school with his wife and I think kids, and grimly told the matron that the school had to close, as he was the rightful owner. The uncle was related to my playmate, as his family somehow owned the land or something in that area... So quietly without the uncle knowing, we told the boy to go to his Mum's place to ask if the guy really was related, because it was all so fishy. He cycled off in the pouring rain. Unbeknownst to us, he collided with a car on the way, and died on the spot. We were still anxiously waiting for him to come back when his spirit tried to speak to me (as I was closest to him), by flipping some books, changing the scenery in the painting that hung over the fireplace, little details that only I would notice. Then strange things began to happen, the ducks in our aviary ... suddenly one duck laid 8 eggs or something... quite eerie. I woke up before it ended, remember feeling saddened and scared.
This dream happened last last friday.

The second dream: Set in a local area but not anywhere I know... I was walking at night, down a pathway cutting though an open field. I was watching myself in this dream like a spectator. There was a man (uneducated look) wearing a yellow polo tee holding a scissors and wanted to slice my neck with it. He was walking behind me as I walked down the path... but, I saw an auntie that I knew, someone loud and boisterious. I waved to her and she happily joined me...we went for dinner together at this kopitiam. I did not tell her about the man with the scissors. But eerily, I saw him again at the kopitiam. I alerted one of the guys eating there, someone tall and slim and looks real strong, to help us to apprehend the guy as the auntie dialed for police and waited... End of the dream, I felt strange but not as scared... just strange.
This dream happened wednesday night

The third dream: Was on this path again, this time it's super crowded and full of people, but it seems to be in an ang-moh company. Suddenly the people in front of me about 200-500m away just blew up! Apparently there was a terrorist attack and everyone just went crazy, screaming and running in all directions. I froze to the spot and frightened, couldn't move. End of it I felt really saddened and scared and feared death...it came so close to me. Later I realised that area had a cluster of bombs circling the whole area, and all the people on the 'outside' were bombed and the people in the 'inner circle' remained safe. Of course, in that big crowd there weren't many who happened to be standing inside. I did remember thanking God I was not dead...
This dream happened friday night I think...


Yea so... wonder what other dreams are next and what they represent.