Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Late night love songs with Mike

A few of the really good love songs...

Sometimes travelling home late at night bugs me. It's either, too many people - or no body at all. Can't tell which I prefer better. But till I learn how to drive, my ezlink card and Mike (mp3 player) is my best companion for late night trips.

Music is good for the soul. Hillsongs makes one want to bop around and shout it out, jazzy love songs puts one in the mood for a lounging lazy weekend at the beach or just on the couch.

Our movie outings seem to generate a lot of response. From the really young adults to the more matured ones in our church. Everyone seems to be really nice and after a good show, all around, smiles can be seen. The last one, Superman Returns, generated 23 people (around there I think) with people from East and West districts, Ignyte and DL... even some of Fifi's colleagues and oikos. Thought it was fun, though not much interaction - a given for movie outings. Thought that maybe more of these fun activities can be organized. Say a day out at the beach, or some fun and games and picnics and bbqs... but it's kinda difficult if the group is so huge! Well, this is just the start of something good I guess! Next stop: Pirates of the Carribean 2. Once again thought of forming up a group consisting of these ones, to plan activites for single adults and what have you. Today heard from colleague Kylie that she's involved in one of those single christian adults group, agape oikos. =) sounds fun! As she said, not many single adults out there are aware that there are such channels available to meet fun, new people! Just sticking to your own posse in church won't help your single life much. Well, God works in mysterious ways for some. I'm happy to see people in love! As I am... But love is complicated, there has to be many factors for love to occur, which I've narrowed down below. Perhaps fragile love is not so blind, after all.

1. Both parties must be able to meet each other and speak the same language.
At very least, we have an assumption that preferably, we will fall in love with someone who speaks the same lingo as us. Don't even talk about 'wavelength' here... which, for most people, is also a given.

2. Like each other.
Before falling in love, we must take a look at ourselves (Be your better self!) and see, hummm... can I live with THIS? Can he live with this...? Nowadays, a valuable asset is the ability to make money, or being a wise financial planner. If he is not one now, do you see the potential in him to be one in the future? And if not, are you able to accept it? Things like these come to my mind... if the person (let's say a friend) has some qualities that you are unable to like/accept for whatever reason, then , please, don't think any further.

3. Same core belief system
Definitely this is something that most of us have to have in a partner of choice. If this can be compromised, it speaks volumes about your own desperation, your own character, and your own beliefs. Not even talking about spiritual beliefs here, though I am of the opinion that a believer is a definite for me. Core beliefs and values like - I want kids. I don't smoke. I like dogs/cats. I go to church on Saturday evenings... ... True, love involves sacrifice. But just for one person, are you willing to change your whole being? Then I am scared that the person does not even know who he is loving. Be yourself, be confident in what you believe in. If the person rejects you based on these, I'm sure many others will come forward. After all, love is not skin deep. Sometimes beliefs are more important than anything else. They should be something you care about enough to die for. For if anyone does not believe in anything enough to die for, then life is not worth living.

=) Just a few pensive thoughts for the day.

Meanwhile, after eating d24, 101 and what have you type of durians last Sunday, my mouth is craving for something sweet, custardy and smelly. And the very delicious photos are up!