Monday, July 17, 2006

Wherever I am

When you're down and troubled
And you need a helping hand
And nothing, whoa nothing is going right.
Close your eyes and think of me
And soon I will be there
To brighten up even your darkest nights.

You just call out my name,
And you know wherever I am
Ill come running, oh yeah baby
To see you again.
Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
All you have to do is call
And Ill be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Youve got a friend.


- Originally sung by James Taylor.

I think it's amazing how sometimes, certain things remind you of a particular person or a particular moment in time where things are fondly remembered. Others remind you of God and how He has brought you through things and only you know how much He loves you. Trust in His timing. Some people say that if there is no suffering, how can we know what blessing is.

I've been reminded of what I have become through Jesus - humbly, not through any merit of my own... That He has decided to use me. But often, as all of us, we take His love for granted. I've been told many times that it's the anointing of God that causes me to be successful in all that I do (so far) and, even being an anointed leader sets me up for success, at least in where ministry is concerned. I was chatting today and mentioned that if ever, I knew that the anointing of God left me, I would immediately step down. There's nothing worse than seeing what you have built crumble before your very eyes. And I am of the opinion that leaders must be anointed by God, not Man. It's very obvious whether one is, or not. I realise how important it is to build trust. Sometimes I fail to recognize my birthright and walk in the shadows. For the right to lead is earned, not given. I'm glad that within my circle, I can be a mouthpiece of the overflow. It's hard at times to move forward when it seems that even the people around you don't seem to understand.

But for me, I hope to be the one who does, understand, somehow. At least, I try.

It's interesting how we analyse people. Learnt that the 'vibe' you give is important, almost indispensable for trust, and leadership authority, to be gained. Some people are so natural you like them almost instantaneously. For me, I'd feel bad if I can't spend enough time with all my friends (love language is time) , so relative to this point I tend to keep people at arms' length, or only choose to share hurts to a select few as I do fear rejection and overt criticism.

With some people, the 'vibe' you get is complex, perhaps they are hiding within themselves. I wonder if they ever realise what it means to be yourself, to own your life. Some people seem happy but the vibe you get from them is not one of joy. Those who seem successful in the secular world, without a worry, but without Jesus, life is never truly joyful.

At least in my darkest moments I know I can call on His name.