Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My first investment and good service

Yup.
I'm a forex investor! Haha.
I invested $XXX to buy Iraqi dinar (check out www.mydinar.net )

If we as christians believe that 'Babylon' will rise up again as a world superpower, plus the location of old Babylon should be the same as the new one (some preachers and scholars say), then, let's put our money where we believe! Well, I'm not that high a risk taker so I only invested $XXX (In fact my new bag costs more than that, oops.) The most if it's worthless I can go Jerusalem and buy a magic carpet.

But if each dinar reaches $1 USD I shall be very riche indeedy. =) hee.

I aim to invest almost everything that comes into the bank.

Actually I'd rather spend most of it but wahla... should save some for rainy days.

Was thinking about good service - my darling mentioned that I am such a sucker for good service. Well it's true. Maybe because I too provide good, efficient, friendly service to my clients. Efficient in the very least. But some restaurants here in Singapore are bad. Very bad. So bad that I think they should hire 'mystery diners' to solve their problem. Granted, service staff are hard to find and sometimes it's the internal training problem. But even if you have good food and lousy service, I'd rather eat at one with mediocre food and excellent service.

So here are my gourmet GEMs picks of the season. Make your date a happy and meaningful experience by going to these places!

Wheelock Place

1. Sun with Moon restaurant at Wheelock Place - Japanese food - I called in advance for reservation and they immediately ushered me to a small cosy wonderful table. Even though the table was situated far-off, every wave of the hand was answered promptly, staff were friendly, it was the most pleasant dinner experience ever...

2. NYDC Wheelock - Friendly service staff, I could say over enthusiatic! One friend complained her pasta was slightly dry, not expecting them to give her a totally new one! They kept refilling our glasses before it was half empty and although it was full house, they had enough staff to keep all happy. Wonderful experience!

3. Sakae, Wheelock - Called in advance on a Friday evening where the queue was 20-odd. Felt like a princess when the manager granted my request and we were ushered in to a nice seat. Food was prompt and the manager is a really nice lady!

Maybe the whole Wheelock is well trained in service!

Excellent service elsewhere:

Ichiban Boshi at Esplanade and Novena Square
Sixth Ave 'zhi char stall'


Bad, bad bad service elsewhere:

Sakae at Marina Square - Waited for the soup so long (it's self-cook soup so they only needed to prepare the ingredients) that we just paid and left. Manager pretended he was busy and requests went unnoticed many times.

Cedele Bakery Depot at Suntec - Rude waiters who knew nothing about their pastries (not even how to pronounce raspberry pistachio) and grumpy, kept talking loudy to themselves

Cedele at Raffles City - Kept announcing they were closing like 30minutes in advance as though they couldn't wait to get rid of us. Although the Cedele at Republic Plaza was terrific.


Ok. Seems like I go to many restaurants.