Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Opportunity to change your bank account.

The end of 06 is coming and it's been a great two months for me. I've not yet reached the tipping point to easily become a millionaire but the hard work I've put in since last year has borne fruit. Now, easily I find a life of ease and as my time expands, the ability to do many things I once could not.

Mingling with the entrupreneurs-to-be and the -already also makes me realise one thing: That I am also in this league. It is so important to find a mentor before you can become one. And then later, hopefully train another. I've had good mentors, uncles, my Rich Dad, Manager, etc who find it a pleasure to spend time answering my questions and guiding me along. Maybe I'm blessed that way,but also, I was looking for them. I've seen a few people saying "If only I've started when I was your age, I would have become really rich now." To change a society, educate lives. And I can go where no pastor can go: To touch and change the lives of successful businessmen like myself, if I am successful too. Was having fun writing some goals that I want to achieve by December 2006. It seems so soon that writing the bigger ones would make me demoralized. Still, goals are a big part of how or what we want to achieve in life.

Goals are to people what biz plan is to businessmen.

Was sharing with Penelope yesterday that any goal can be 'spiritual' or 'materialistic'. If I want to earn a million bucks, who is going to say anything if I give half of it away? Money gives us freedom if we do not have to work for it. For some people, even if they are faithful to the company, working years, slogging day and night - will they see a doubling of their income? No... perhaps never. That is why I like sales. You have the opportunity to change your bank account if you are hardworking. Hard work never killed anyone!

I've learnt that it's quite easy to do sales if you partner with the right company and product. I've seen people work so hard for a miserly sum when they could do the same amount of work and earn way better selling another type of thing. Some products work well in direct sales, others are suited for retail. Selling things can be fun if you like it and have a bit of thick skin in asking people if they want it.

Today's workers really need multiple sources of income if they want to survive. I'm glad I can bank on my diverse talents. Besides being in a job that pays well, I can also have the time to teach part time with a really decent sum. Plus, I can join any one of those health products out there (But I will join the best one) as I'm slim and actually eat really healthy foods. So I'm a bit of expert in that. I can also write, and design, so that also attributes to some on-off projects which I do enjoy doing for free most of the time. I'm starting to invest in things with good returns instead of always spending on consumer goods so that I can get a good value for my hard work and money next time.

I hope that I can share with others how to change their lives.