Monday, April 30, 2007

The Lonely Hearts' Club

"Don't giggle when you laugh." said to me by Muffin, a faux pas he made in reference to my little giggles pre-sentence.



Woken up, and it rained beautifully. Love the rainy weather, partly because I can wear more exciting clothing to work. Like black stockings with an all-black ensemble and a double breasted beige coat. Or a dress under a trench. My office's temperature is almost like winter in Canada sometimes when it rains, the temperature difference is so great that most colleagues can tell when it rains without having to look up at the sky windows.

Can't really stand the humidity though. It's more humid this year I think! My hair grows at a really slow pace so am quite irritated with it, especially when some folks ask me "did I cut my hair" when the last hair-cutting was in January. I would like Henry to earn more from me but alas, that's the snail's pace my hair is growing. So my hair becomes 'big', like really bouncy when it has humidity like this after the rainy weather. Next time when my colleagues mention, I look different today, I shall say, "it's the humidity! the humidity!" and point to the sky and pretend to hyperventilate. How come other girls' hair not like this, ah? Maybe I have angmoh hair?

I never knew how well-read my writings were until I stopped writing for a while (actually, wrote something but was unfinished so yet-to-publish), and also been writing in the cell blog and in my journal, and "emails to chester". I don't think I'd ever stop writing, there are too many things in my head all the time. I'd have to get them out of my system. I think I can write about everything, most things. I can write a long thingy on my recent buys. I never got much satisfaction from shopping - to me it's just a checklist of what I need and what I want and the merger of the two. Of course I'm quite picky especially when it comes to clothes, and although being picky, I still make some mistakes - or not so wise choices. So, not very fun for me. But lately I derive more pleasure from shopping. Maybe because I really buy into the brand's idea and the type of stuff they create that calls out to me. I'm into scandinavian design now, after since I noticed there are actually quite a few places selling Danish, Swedish, Norwegian products, and they tend to be better made, more unique too. Going to buy tons of stuff from THE MAKE UP STORE (Marina Sq, Vivocity, Paragon.) The shop lady Tiffany is so good that I wish I could recruit her to do my job. =) Maybe it's my imagination but I think those Scandinavian shops also have really good sales training for personnel that makes the whole buying experience a memorable and satifying one... Anyways I'm rather klutzy when it comes to makeup. I can never put it on well, and I won't touch up during the day (not my style la) and usually, most products don't do well for me (Mostly because I am scared of them.) And I only dare go to the very buyer-friendly Sasa and not Tangs beauty hall or those counters. Oh, yes, and price does play a huge difference in the quality of the products, though it's better to go to a place more well-known for makeup - say M.A.C. or THE MAKE UP STORE, rather than Clinique, Estee Lauder, Chanel. At least in my personal opinion. Shu Uemura is very good. Their lip gloss thingy has 'deep sea' water inside, and it really makes a difference - natural looking too. I have Angelina Jolie lips (Or at least that's what I've been told. And that's what makes me so kissable. hahahah!) Really thick for a Chinese girl or, any other race. In fact, show me someone whose lips are thicker than mine. They are so thick I accidentally bite it sometimes when I'm eating. =( So, I don't want lipstick to accentuate it! I want to minimize it, tone it down. Nobody understands how thick-lipped girls feel. If I put any red/pink/nice shade, I look like I'm pouting at everyone. So I need like beige, natural shades. Only glossed-up ones too. And I'm ultra- uber- satisfied with Shu Uemura. Kudos to the guru. I shall be faithful to their lip glosses for the next five years. I'm like that. Like I'm faithful to Palm Treo now(my next phones will be Treos), THE MAKE UP STORE(must try the glitter liner, addicted already), I only wear Perlini's ear studs for my many ear-holes, Starbucks frappes, Khiels', Zara cardigans (not Mango, they run after a few washes), the list goes on. It's not about the brand but rather the confidence I have in their products. Really, why try another phone when I have no complaints about the Treo and the plus point is that it's a guy magnet too. =P And, many business people use it, top professionals, my heads and other top guys, so when they see my phone and our eyes meet, it's like a nod of acceptance (I didn't buy the phone for that purpose, I only realised this recently when I keep meeting biz people with the same phone). They don't GMask it though. =)

But thanks for reading, I seriously don't think my writings are very interesting or inspirational or whatever. Maybe I just write about my observations in life so it's well-appreciated by those who also know how to observe, or to realise little things about people, and ourselves.

==

Lately, been having secretive meetings with the Lonely Hearts' Club President, Grant. Actually not really secretive, just that some people do not qualify, and others have to be accepted, pending approval. It's fun. We meet at obscure places, sometimes not a single place at all, but at different destinations for a night's meeting. The Lonely Hearts' Club. I guess the reason why we can talk so much is because we have gone through similar experiences, plus the huge qualifier of having just broken up this year. Once during the weekend, we talked till the neigbours came doing their tai-ji. Haha! Then we realised it was breaking dawn, the sky was a lovely pale red, with little drizzles. I appreciate life from Grant's point of view. He is good at reading people, emotionally, without passing judgement on their behavior, of course. I tend to think that people who are less emotional are a lot more judgemental. Because it takes understanding of the person, and that person's emotions, to form a basis of sympathy, comfort and care for the person. Sometimes for me, I tend to be more rational. I cannot understand why, for example, some singaporean girls throw themselves at angmohs. Nor can I understand why some people are secretive about their likings and dates. For me, I would like to shout it to the whole world, cuz I'd be idealistically so happy, so happy!! That I'd bubble and brim over with happiness and love for the lonely hearts to share in it. But in different contexts, maybe the parties feel that they cannot express their joy, at least not yet, or not to the whole world. It's difficult like this. I once liked a colleague before realising he's married. Of course, I stopped myself from liking him knowing that, hey, the road ahead would be a secretive and painful one. And also using common sense and what I've learnt from the most recent breakup. I don't think I can take casual relationships, I tend to be a bit more serious in choosing a (life) partner. Or maybe more particular. I can't help it. Been hurt before, yes. Been with too many people, learnt too many things. But nooooo this does not make me jaded at all. What is life without love? Or love, without life itself? At certain points of time in your life, you remember certain people who were there, your personal cheerleader, supporting you, helping you to go the distance. And sometimes you fall in love with them. It's nice to have someone like that. Someone who cares a lot for you. I'm wondering why I care for some people and not for others? But the one that you love must be worth it. See the potential in him, and the way he cares about the way you feel.

Grant and I agreed that it's this part, the part where the guy is chasing the girl (Like Kie now, although he doesn't seem to take much action to keep her interested for long) is the sweetest part. I know it takes guts for a guy to tell a lady. But if you don't tell, you won't know. Of course she won't make the first move...I won't. =P

Okay... the rain has stopped and I'm going back to sweet dreams. =)