Thursday, August 23, 2007

A new generation...

I am inspired. Hearing today about the New Generation youth movement that is widespread around Europe reaching youths for Christ in schools. The concept is simple. Just share with your classmates about your faith. Tell your friends!

And I'm going to play a part in making it happen in Singapore. With God's grace. I am so excited in my Spirit that I know instantly God is wanting me to do this.

Next door to Norway, New Generation started in Sweden, at a youth conference in 2001. With the encouragement of New Generation leaders from Norway, the Swedes ran quickly with the concept, growing in under two years to 3,400 members from every denomination in 230 groups in 19 of 21 Swedish counties, and more than 10% of all schools. Lundqvist says the growth continues. Across Scandinavia there are now more than 13,000 members in just Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

“Our goal in Sweden is to take present Jesus to every student, every year.” he says. “School is where everyone is. The whole coming society is there. New Generation is just now in one out of every ten schools. Our goal is to see New Generation in every school."


And it speaks to me also because I have a heart for Sweden. Swede youths, too. =)

Please read it even if this is the only website you go to today.
http://www.nwwc.net/nygeneration/english.htm