Tuesday, August 28, 2007

goodbye muffin

We cannot expect things to stay the same. While it is nice to savor the memories, at times like this it may be wiser to do something about it.

A long silence means the end of a chapter.
I've heard all I wanted to hear, already.

A long silence means I just need to be alone for a while.
To think about stuff. To reflect on everything. You know.

After all that has been said and done, I realised that perhaps, I care too much and this brings the downfall of an otherwise happy 'working' relationship. I couldn't ask for more (and I won't, so...) Celebrate Life.

Sometimes we are better off standing at a certain place and watching the world go by.

==

Because of the recent turn of events I find myself shopping incessantly. Well, at least I 'palm' down all my expenses immediately so that I can see how much I've spent within a day. But actually this doesn't work as I don't feel guilty about it at all. It's just a number. Like how I've spent a three digit number on sunday and a two digit one yesterday. Retail liberates.

But for other things I've been quite penny pinching. So it should all work out just fine. For those who have the shopping bug, though here are some new tips from me. And also a 'note-to-self'.

1. If you absolutely have to be at a shopping centre,
(waiting for a friend, eating dinner etc)... go to a bookstore, or a supermarket. Not much unnecessary splurges there - unless you are like me, I never buy one book alone. Must get a 'friend' for it, too. =(

2. Don't bring 'too much' cash, you will feel rich, too rich. Don't carry credit. Just a debit one. It does work.

3. Bring a small branded bag so you won't feel tempted to buy any clothes...

4. Eat full. Somehow when you are hungry you will buy more things. Also when it's raining.

5. Make a list of what you need and don't deviate from it. Then again, make sure your list is not too long.

6. When in suburban areas, don't feel tempted to check out the shops on the second level up. The best places not to shop at are level one and the basement floors.

7. Only buy certain things on sale. I absolutely only buy underwear and footwear and bigger ticket items like cameras, big bags, handphones etc on sale. That way, I feel that it's more justified and can afford upper scale brands for the former.

8. Always save more than you spend. (Tough, but stick to it and you'd be rich one day.)