Friday, December 21, 2007

Made with love.

Counting down to Christmas...This season is more joyful and hopeful than I've expected. Read something today in my new John Ortberg book that really struck me,(When the game is over, it all goes back into the box) a life lesson I've learnt not too long ago and hopefully don't need to learn again. The chapter was about 'stuff', and how we hold on to the stuff we accumulate, much like monopoly, the more 'stuff' you have in the boardgame then you can be the Master of the Board.

This chapter says something really meaningful about happiness. It says that a (random) act of kindness brings a person much more happiness than say, a day out doing what you like, spending time enjoying yourself watching a movie, eating out etc. Because we reap joy when we sow joy, and even though we will never have enough 'stuff', we will be happy when we make others happy.

I thought about it (been thinking/meditating about stuff recently) and I realised that I would prefer spending time with friends, heart-to-heart talks, rather than say, watching tv... or doing my un-outgoing things.

Especially now I realise that time is short, and it would really mean a lot to me to spend more time with people that matter, like 'The Best One', or Zero, CreamPuff... Fang sis and little sister...

Spend a nice holiday yesterday just catching a movie and walking around with Zero. Even though it was full of people at Vivo, there are still places I can call my own. And that matters, when you have friends you know you can call your own. Despite knowing about so many places you can watch about on tv, I still want to go there myself and talk to the locals, experience life, and be happy doing random acts of kindness.

Been making christmas chocolate fudge. This time, no recipe, and more experimental. Which means more wastage but better taste for the final outcome. Invented something -marshmallow mushrooms - rocky mountain marshmallows topped with the fudge and sprinkled with candy or raw almonds. It's made with love, so it will taste nice.

When you are in love, with God, with yourself, and just what the world has to offer, everything will seem wonderful.

I feel sad for other people who try to make others' lives miserable. (Maybe I'm glad I don't have a mother-in-law, or those kind of relatives yet.) Poor dears. Just relax, breath life... and smile at more people this christmas season.