Monday, April 28, 2008

Blue -eyed boy


Part of my ongoing photojournalling of my lunch (and dinner) buddies.
Here's Kie, Dark chocolate and Me, Green tea.



Blue-eyed boy:
"someone's favorite, especially a young one."

He's the blue-eyed boy, and everybody else is an also-ran.

-1919, P.G. Wodehouse.

Just an interesting not oft-used English idiom we talked about yesterday while dining.

I'm glad I'm one of the blue-eyed. Heh. Never felt any less than that my whole life.


A cool website:
Bryan Tan Ministries http://bryantanministries.wordpress.com


Everybody's fave pastor from The Church, now we can read his writings.

I like what he quoted from a book,
You will exhaust your mind by trying to figure out God’s will before the right time comes.


This article http://bryantanministries.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/cultivate-quietness/

That has been something that I think God is speaking to me about recently. I always ask what is God teaching me in this and that situation, and I've grown up a little bit (yet maintaining my incredulously nonchalant blithe spirit hehe)... through these life experiences. Feeling peaceful is great. Am not going to 'grab and grasp' what has been promised to me, just going to soak in His presence. And let God do the work. Sometimes I do question how the way things turn out eventually, but it's too worrisome to worry about things we cannot be bothered to worry about!

Meanwhile going to have a busy week so just enjoying the quietness of a peaceful Monday afternoon at work.

I guess sometimes we all need to keep our perspectives in check.