Friday, July 18, 2008

caffeine-ated


Having endless meetings and discussions lately means that I cannot avoid coffee, tea, or alcohol or ALL three (which I had yesterday).

Plus I don't drink much water so imagine what it does to my system. Bleah!

(Although I do like the new dark mocha starbucks frappucino.)

During the morning meeting yesterday our client brewed coffee for us. No choice, gotta drink it. I must say that it tasted really good. But I think I'm able to ingest caffeine well... tea is surprisingly okay so far. I don't want to think about the effects of caffeine+ alcohol though!

Here's an average week for me

Yesterday

Coffee in the morning meeting,
Yuzu float (should be healthy right?) for afternoon meeting,
Teh O with dinner meeting (needed something warm to drink)
Night- entertaining people/myself with some Timmermanns'.

Day Before

Lunch - Root Beer (is it caffeine? Should be right.)
Meeting at Haagen Daaz - drank latte. I think they put like drugs into this latte because the whole week my stomach felt kinda weird after.
Other meeting at Harrys', drank tea...
At night, a healthy lemon+ honey at HK cafe.

Day Before

Afternoon meeting - Pacific Coffee, I drank tea.
Evening - drank Tea.

I cannot remember the rest but I went to Pacific Coffee like 4 times last week with cappucinos and chillinos (not nice). Need to break the coffee habit! And drink Snapple (the most healthy option I can find over there.)

The effects on my body?

-restless sleep - wake a few times at night.
-Nightmares (though it may be caused by other issues)
-jittery; my hands are trembly and so are...other areas! Kinda worrisome how caffeine affects my body.
-feel tired like sluggish kinda need to detox feel
-my intestines seem to be hardened, can feel it 'solidifying'...


I will try to take alcohol minimum once a week...
Totally abstain from the harmful cappucinos and etc - haha ask them to serve soybean milk in the morning.
Try my best not to drink tea... unless at teh tarik place (love!)

And drink more water.

Yeah!