Monday, November 24, 2008

bemused

IcedMountain has been laughing at. me. non. stop.
*humpf* It seems that everything I say amuses him...

Although, I am kinda tickled by it and start to be infected, too. Even Knarf is bemused by the way some stupid things can set us off into a flurry of giggles. We have different funny perspective on life, I think...

Quote of the day, said IcedMountain when I drew the Guardian Angel (which represents his unspoken wish to be someone's happy angel) on a 'snow' frosted window while having dessert bowl:
"Creative head... and itchy hands!"

Lol.
Last weekend, was buried in Eragon (yes I've finished it and started Eldest) - I was actually drawn to buy 'Brisingr' because of the author, and the cover, beautiful drawing of an angmoh dragon who seems to be smiling, yet not smiling, something of an enigma like Mona Lisa. Eragon's quite a page-turner compared to Brisingr, a slow, relaxed kinda read which I'd be content to flip a chapter each day. Maybe that's why I took a day to read Eragon whereas Brisingr... haven't finished in a month. I'm glad for this opportunity to slow down and just spend a day at home. Hopefully, the rest of the week is also like this.

Also, the poignant memories are still there, but not getting to me as much as before. It's so nice to treasure the simple happy moments, instead of pondering upon anguished thoughts.

I went to Bali last year around this time, give or take a couple of weeks; so, revisiting the place:


MY favorite which I've influenced everyone in the team to try (Except P Kenny who sticks to Coke)... Wah, I really miss the thirst quenching feeling of the Sosro...


Another favorite 'Apokat'...somehow tastes better in Bali... they add chocolate sauce you know!



Who can forget, the most beautiful sight I've ever seen in my life, sunset at Tabanan village - the sunset is real pink and purples... and the rice fields reflecting the hues...I can stare at it for hours.


We prayer walked around the monument


Babi!!!
Yuks.
Apparently it's a famous dish there...although not to my liking.


BBQ Fish at Jimbaran beach... breezy, seaside place.


Entertainment during lesson time. I teach how to sing Amazing Love, haha.


Our entourage behind (the motorcyclists)so we can be cool in the van.


Our VERY handsome churchworker-tourguide-vandriver (on the right) who hails from Menado. In Bali we met many people from different parts of Indon, there are people from Timor-Leste, Menado, Javanese, even met a guy from Komodo Islands, cool!


Pastors and us from Morning Star Assembly!