Friday, November 21, 2008

tattooed

The Shakespeare guy said, 'the course of true love never did run smooth.'
I've always liked this chinese phrase that was popularized in a watch commercial, it says, 'heck care about timeless love to the ends of the earth, only care that you once have had, and had cherished' ...to that effect. Maybe by holding it close to my heart it spells out my destiny as all my loves seem thwarted by some unseen force.

I don't mean to make others remember their deep, past loves too, but I guess that somehow, I do. I'm sorry but at this point of time I just have sudden, stinging, poignant recollections...even whilst surfing FB (which I seem to be active on lately) I just surfed to a young chap's profile, a guy who used to hang out with Zero, those buddy sessions of playing games, and I remembered the last time we bumped into him, somehow, my mind has a life of its own and although this week I have been generally chirpy (and able to sleep well and all), THAT memory of something insignificant by all senses made me sleepless! And chatting with Mr Hans lately, too - we share fond memories and he suggested (not your fault, Hans, it's mine) we catch up to share how we miss Zero and I was... !!!

-_-

I know him too well, I feel that it's MYSELF that I don't know. Thoughts and feelings alien to me cloud my mind recently.

Okay. I shall hypnotize myself, lalala.

Was busy this week filming a tattoo show - I always wanted to do something like that, being a fan of Miami Ink's style. I think people, myself included have misconceptions about Tattoo artists' work... and the people who do them. So far, all the locals we have interviewed are really nice, in fact they are quite camera-shy and introverted - I guess you have to be of a calm and quiet disposition to be really good at the art. I've always wanted a tattoo but I never knew what to get, I always jokingly/half-seriously told my friends I'd do my husband's name on my ass... hope his name is not long, like 'christopher'... Being bored and also for the sake of creating a good video, I got the organizer Kirby to do one for me. Uninked, of course... so I told him what I liked and he drew ...robot wabbit. Haha. I think that somehow it does describe me. It's funny how others can see you better than yourself sometimes. So, well, I have been under the needle. The pain is bearable, lesser than I imagined but at certain points it's cringifying. My parents were cool about it, showed it to Mom who started quoting Bible verses, showed it to Dad who thought it was 'fake blood' (because it's un-inked, it is 'inked' with my blood, so the outline is red, actually, quite gross to look at closely) and when I told him it was MY blood he went 'eeks'!

Hahaha.

I also saw many people who did portraits of their wives/gf on their chest, close to their heart, I thought that was really meaningful. What better way to keep them close.

Maybe I need one tattoo of a heart with a small crack to represent the meaning of this intensity, this 'what happened'-ness.