Wednesday, April 22, 2009

forsaking the divine

Here's something that I read yesterday from the book Shrek lent, called 'God's Generals'.

'In our lives, we have many relationships, casual and sometimes intimate. But the most significant ones to the kingdom of God are 'divine relationships'. In every call, whether secular or ministerial, God sends divine relationships to help strengthen your walk with Him. We may have many casual relationships, but divine relationships are very few. They can usually be counted on one hand.'

I have always wondered why some people seem so religious yet not having the alive, vibrant, intense faith that I've always expected them to have. And to others, like myself, God is so real, it's just impossible to imagine living a day without Him.

Due to the number of public holidays happening recently, my thoughts inevitably fall to MrBestFriend. Where is he now, I wonder, as I walk the road from the bus interchange to the train. Does he remember me fondly, the way I do, or is it all hazy and unimportant, relegating to something insignificant, as he forges new relationships with other people. I don't really blame him for everything that has transgressed, they are not mistakes, they are miscalculations.

Most girls ask why, instead of just accepting things the way they are.

And I have many 'why' questions that are no longer relentless, but just nuanced with a sad tone, I'm sentimental that way. Was just thinking about how our brain works in this way while dialoging with Pastor's wife who is a psychologist.

I mentioned about 'regret', one of the topics which maybe one day I will film.

Like, all of us have regrets.
But is it ... emotionally healthy to 'not regret'?

Or, how much regret is healthy and how much regret becomes disabling... So is regretting good for our mental well-being, or not?

Which applies to other emotions like worry, anger, etc.
And which part of the brain stores all these? Haha. If we remove it, is it still stored in our hearts or subconcious (I believe it is) and what repercussions are there, for all of us to discover that one day, our thoughts come back to haunt us. Lol!

Anyways, miscalculations can be easily erased.