Wednesday, June 24, 2009

neyumminoona



Last month in Melbourne. Taken from the MsBestFriend's waist-level so I look super longish.

I think one thing it takes for a relationship to keep going strong is the support of family and friends. 

Dad and Mom's gonna meet Mr A. this weekend, and I would say that with the exception of me, both sides are really gearing up towards the meet up! The excitement level is as if I had been a spinster for years!!! -_- Upon hearing the name of his firm "WXYZ", Dad excitedly asked me what it stands for (I haven't a clue!) and went to google it online immediately... ...Worse, this week he messaged me on Facebook about how he has seen Mr A's diving photos, why I didn't tell him Mr A went diving before, how does he pronounce his frenchified name... ... Gosh, I was so embarassed I deleted the 'wall message' and smsed Dad that all our mutual friends and 400 of mine can read what he 'wrote' (presumably thought was a private message, I hope.)

 Mom was surprised he is a professional worker... remarked that at this age, he is already professional? Muahahaha. And she asked how he looks like. Is he dark? Tall? Tua Chiak??? After thinking for a while, (cannot say until so handsome otherwise she will let her imagination run wild), I realised the best way is to liken Mr A. to some of her favorite Korean male stars.


Nope... none of these boys over flowers.

Then suddenly whilst talking to Mr A. on the phone, I realised who he looks like!

'Mom! He looks like iljimae!!!'



A darker version, perhaps. Mom was unduly fascinated by this startling new revelation.



That's more like it. 
I think, he looks more like my parents than I do. We'll ask for a second opinion from friends on saturday (if they come to The Church.)

==

Alkitab and Soursop (with nice red car accessories I wanna buy) has been verrrry encouraging too. They never fail to ask me for updates each week and I happily share the latest stories with them. I shared with A & S how blessed I was with him, and how decent and kind he has been.

Soursop said she wanna fall in love too, with a man who drives. How difficult is that? =)

We were learning from Tae-kwon-do in cell how to speak a bit of Korean. For gals to call an older guy, is 'o-pa' in a very shy and girly sounding way. And for Alkitab to call me (older 'sister'), is 'noona'. We all burst out laughing when Alkitab attempted to call me thus, 'neyumminoona'. He calls Mr A. 'Santos' (because he looks Indon-Chi,) and calls me a improvised version of 'Naomi' (After The Pastor in The Church!!!) which is 'Neyummi', so...

...please call me Neyumminoona.