Tuesday, June 16, 2009

true love, balloons, wedding photos


One of my favorite shots by Bryan and Jean.

Growing up, I've always idealistically assumed that everyone would meet their Prince Charming, and fall in love, and have kids, and repeat that... repeat...repeat. I thought that my love would be easy to find, that it would just be so simple. Meet, fall in love. Both knowing the other is perfect. 

But as time went on, I realised that true happiness was not easy to find. I've seen some friends, more recently, Huntley, going through a divorce - whether at fault or by default, a divorce is always painful. But more painful still is the knowledge of no longer having someone beside you, a hand to hold, a shoulder you know you can always depend on, in good economy or bad. I've seen a couple in The Church. She played the piano beautifully for my friend's wedding last month. She lives in a townhouse with a rabbit, a mini-sausage dog and she is having the perfect life! I'm sure they have been married for some time, probably more than 10 years as they have 2 kids in primary school.... but each time I witnessed, the silent look of love the husband gave her when he returned from work,. the hushed tones in which they converse, the way they gently touch each other, even holding hands and walking into service. Even while we were practising  the worship songs, he would not choose to hide upstairs in the 3-storey townhouse but sit at the rather uncomfortable dining table, doing his work on his laptop, all the while with a smile on his face as he listened to her play.

It is true love, I said to myself. And if I were her, I'd feel as though I'm the most blessed woman alive. My only wish would be for my husband to come home early, so that I can spend more time with him. A part of me still can't believe that I'm with Mr A... when I realise all over again that he's mine! Really! And a gush of warmth and happiness will flood my being. There's nothing on earth we can't talk about, which he attributes it to chemistry and I... I will leave it undefinable (or, indefinable, both are apt) that may be one reason why we will be able to... make it last, too, hopefully, very hopefully. And I'm quite certain that 10 years later, we will still be able to recreate this magical feeling...and can't wait to run back home to each other.

I've chanced upon some lovely wedding photos. I've seen some tacky photos - actually most wedding photos will be tacky if taken in a studio with costumes like feathers, frilly men suits, stuffy furniture and props... but these are really nice. I can't tear my eyes off them and to me, that's what makes a good photo.

==

Lovely photos... I also want an underwater photo! How can they open their eyes!
By people I've recently met, Bryan and Jean.
More at bryanjeanphotography.com





I want floating photos too! Can I have such perfect balloon photos like these?


By Jill Thomas. Her other non-wedding photos are also... great to stare at the whole day. http://jillsphotoblog.com/
Below, Caroline Tran.
http://www.carolinetran.net



Lovely, muted, sky and the perfect shade of pink below. 
Above, by Jessica Johnston.
http://www.jessica-johnston.com  
Below, Charley Star.
http://www.charleystar.typepad.com/