Saturday, June 13, 2009

psst...

Keeping in the spirit of GSS season, here are some of my beauty secrets. I'm quite fastidious about what I put on my face as it tends to have a mind of its own, so after lots of trial and errors, here are the favorites. Also, as we're so spoilt for choices here with so many brands available, I seldom use a certain product more than once (don't you?) so here are the picks that has also made it through the 'more than once' in my makeup stash... Try try try...

Sato Co Enzyme Q-10 cream.
At the mid-20s, it's good to start treating the face and neck a little better. If not will look super old when you are 50 (compared to your peers.)
Either 1. Eat those collagen pills and drinks or 2. Go for facial to light-zap collagen in or 3. Apply some cream. I used to suntan a lot so I'm fearful of my neck looking wrinkly. Ah, I try to put it once a week nightly... forgot to apply it daily, hee hee...
Oh, only found in Meidi-ya or Isetan pharmacy. And not expensive. I believe less than $30... but always SOLD OUT...
Sephora nail polish. I believe it's only $7. Not one to go for super-ex OPIs or others...since I can go for manicure with those... I like the neon pinks they have which so far I don't see any around. Sally Hansen's good too and so is Rimmel (bought coral, now on my fingers.) I only go for red or nude on my toes... so try to be a bit bright and cheery on the fingers.

Kose face wash. I don't really wanna whiten my face anymore, but this is mild and superly gentle and... makes my face super soft! I am hooked. I wanted to just get the black mask (also very good) and the saleslady recommended this to me. It's new. You won't regret this... trust me! Very gentle on the face. I am buying Kose products from now on.


When Ms Cheerful asked me why my hands are so soft (apart from not washing dishes!) I told her... I have 2 words for you. "Molton Brown". Those with dry hands will find their hands amazingly smooth and soft. My hands are actually okay so I don't need it everyday. I got this at a fashion event... The smell is insane, you will keep smelling your hands like a pervert. Molton Brown hand cream, naranji.

Anna Sui Tinted Moisturiser
With my outdoor shoots getting more frequent, I don't want to put those heavy things like foundation, on my face - makes it look oily and feel there's a layer on my skin. Anna Sui - I believe this is called tinted moisturizer. Has SPF 15 - I know, not enough... The color blends to Asian skin well, and it's really natural and smells nice too! $65 at Tangs (I buy most of my stuff from Tangs.)

Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker
I don't really buy much perfume, preferring bodyshop blends or unisex scents but once I sniffed this one, I had to get it. Apple martini is the main ingredient. It's light and interestingly, it stays on for hours... which is what every perfume should do. One of her other perfumes, "Twilight" is worth a sniff, too...

Rimmel Pressed Powder with Minerals.
After a tinted moisturizer, if you want to apply other makeup and eyeshadow, you have to pat a light dusting of powder all over your face. This is what I'm currently using, and it's good! And less than $30. (Benefit's pressed powder comes a close second - it promises not to make you look oily... and it delivers!)




Jurlique Facewash
Coming in second, this is a really good facewash also by Jurlique for combination skin types. The smell of lavender and tea tree oil also helps calm down your psyche. A kind friend passed me a sample and ... I loved her for that.



Shu Uemura lipstick
I never really got the hang of using lipstick as... I don't need to accentuate my already thick lips... and lip glosses were my mainstay. However, after being persuaded by saleslady (I have no sales resistance whatsoever therefore fearful of stepping into shopping centre makeup counters) I tried the natural organic lipstick with a very nice shade of pink (At Marina Square, living nature? nature beauty? something like it) I loved it, but it rolled away one day and I'm still peeved at that... (Expensive lor. $45 leh.) Sobs. My newfound find is Shu Uemura's ... this one with just-the-right amount of glitter and gloss. My lips tend to chap so am afraid of lipsticks but with this one, I don't need to apply lipbalm beforehand...amazing! Nice range of colors - I chose one that is almost the same color as my lips and I love love love it. Next month, I will try a happy pink, close to the one that rolled away. At $38, I can afford to buy one every month. I was initially at the Shu counter looking for blusher. ( Haven't found any ideal blusher at all! Please recommend to me...)



Shiseido shampoo, $13 for a small bottle and $20+ for the maxi one.
Smells like orange milk... nice! And effect is similar to Khiels' amino acid shampoo. I like to squeeze lots so... cannot buy too expensive will heartpain. (And funnily, my hair cannot use cheap ones either.) It will just look disastrous. Guys will never understand... I cannot live in 3rd world countries with no mid-range shampoos...I also like RedKen - was recommended to me by a hairstylist, the red one works wonders after disastrous look... the cheapest place to buy is Chinatown 'Ocean', am so glad I work near enough to pop by during lunch. The Korean brand 'Olive' found at John Little's beauty box at PS is also good. I use the serum.

Makeupstore's eyeliner
Eyeliner. They last for ages so haven't tried many. I like MakeupStore's shades of Eyeliners though. Nowadays I use it on brows, haha. Their lip glosses rock too!

Eyeshadow, Makeupstore.
Also lasts for ages. And still as fresh as ever - no funny thing appearing on the surface. I have a dark brown which I use for brows at times when I want to have a more casual look, and to widen eyes... and sometimes for a smoky eyed look.

Mascara, Majorca Majolica.
Cheap and verrrry very good. Recommended by Ms Cheerful. If I had a choice, I wouldn't wear mascara. But this makes me wanna wear it everyday, so it's done its job well!


Benefit's 'That Gal'
My only gripe is that it finishes way too fast! Umm, one month plus?Applied after toner and as a primer, it gives a glowy pinky sheen which makes me look great in photos too. I look yellowish usually... so you can guess where the pink glow is from, now. Most of Benefit's products are really good. I like the tinted moisturiser too!


Anna Sui's Eye Color.
Lastly. These tubes last a long long time and they are very versatile. I like the purples and I just bought a cloud blue one. You can layer the powder eyeshadows on top to create interesting looks. Like a darker purple tube with a powder lavender shade. Purple for eyes always looks nice.


So after not-so-many years of makeuping, here are the best!

Buy buy buy.