Monday, August 17, 2009

couple shirts and movie week

MY current favorite Hollywood actresses are Anne Hathaway and Amy Adams, I've watched most of Anne Hathaway shows, even the lousy ones - she's a great actress but some of the movie scripts that come her way are really 'what were you thinking...' kind of script.

For Amy Adams, I've loved her in 'Enchanted', and in Night at the Museum 2, and previously 'catch me if you can.'

Despite our 'no-movie-on-weekends-it's-not-worth-the money' rule, The Boyfriend and I caught not one but TWO movies this weekend. With 'UP' in 3D last tuesday as well, that makes it 3 movies last week! Wah! A consolation though, we watched Jack Neo's latest outing 'Where Got Ghost' as a treat from his Uncle (we went out to a hotpot dinner with them on Saturday) and, Sunday, caught 'The Proposal' for half price in City Square's cinema.

'Where got Ghost' coincides with the 7th month, 'Ghost month' and well-suited it is to heartlander uncles and aunties. The buzz is pretty good, I even heard my English-speaking parents talking about the movie (they have not watched it.) And having so many screens playing, I sure hope that he makes his money's worth. For me though, the show is not up my alley. I seldom watch local movies - in fact, I much prefer indie or french shows, or shows with a strong travel/location element to make every sight and sound something inspiring. Though there were lots of laughter the show didn't do much for me. Still, I bet mainstream Singapore will flock to watch it. My fave Jack Neo's is 'Just follow law'. Muthu, the memorable security guard in that movie makes an appearance in 'Where got Ghost', too!

'The Proposal' will be out in Sg this week and we really loved the show! Ryan Reynolds, whom I've last seen in Wolverine - he was the boy with the swords whom they later operated on to be Wolverine's arch-enemy, is really sweet and funny in this show! He can do the clueless yet suave expression so well in the movie that you just want to have him for breakfast. We were actually expecting a run-of-the-mill romance movie with average acting, and storyline, yet, this one really takes us by surprise. The setting is in Alaska too, and I felt that the movie was really enjoyable! I'm looking forward to catch old romance movies of Sandra Bullock's, now. I don't really like those intense, Keanu-lovesick type of shows, so this one has the perfect combination of both fluff and substance for females and males. I think it's the best romantic comedy of the year!

==

We went up to JB again this last Sunday. First going to City Square, then Tebrau. Not much things to buy, though I managed to find a nice belt. There are the Vincci shoes and etc you can buy of course, and many casual clothes and groceries... and food. Glorious food! Last week, we ate delicious chicken wings, portuguese style and tried it again both at City Square and Tebrau. Funnily, it doesn't taste as slurpingly good as the last time. Egg tarts are good too! And, Black Canyon's coffee and pad thai, we had OldTown's last week. Later we sampled my all-time favorite, 'cereal-crayfish' which is much better than lobster, this is found at Taman Sentosa.

We also saw a couple-tee, those kind that joins together to form a certain message when you wear them together. We thought of buying one! I mentioned that all the couples in The Gang has a couple-tee of some sort, and all of them wore it to The Church last Valentine's. Hee. We didn't buy it then, but if we chance upon nice ones we will not hesitate. So fun! Along the way, we kept thinking of slogans should we design our own couple shirts. Just for laughs, of course. I thought of 'Snuffleupagus likes Big Bird' on mine, and his: 'I am Big Bird'. It is a little crude though! Or, mine would be: 'He's an accountant', his: 'She's not just after my money but my good looks too'. Hahaha!!! I think we will eventually buy one, maybe when Valentine's swings by next season.