Tuesday, August 11, 2009

happy memories of today

The long weekend's almost over (longer for me, took a day off today) and I am half-sad to see it pass. But well, looking forward to the next weekend, it doesn't seem that far off away, yay yay yay. I had the best weekend ever. (Read on if you wanna know how I spent it.)

On Friday, me and The Boyfriend went to pick up Mushroom, a male Holland Lop. He has a friendly temperament and now I am trying my best to toilet-train him - quite exhausting because I have used up one and a half toilet roll of paper trying to mop up poop and pee. The Boyfriend will be the one training our little doggy next time because I realize I am quite impatient. But still, Mushroom is a friendly and lovable not-so-little wabbit. We then went to our now-usual haunt, Chompz... and chomped down on chicken wings, stingray, etc. And then home early, because next day it's a daytrip to JB!!!

Off to JB daytrip on late morning of Saturday... The Boyfriend's Mom joined us. She introduced us to 'Ah Koong's' fishball soup which was really tasty, we were both amazed at the nice soup. I introduced them to Secret Recipe cakes at more than half price off (RM 6.30 per slice, le) which they savored, the choco-banana and the passionfruit-mango which was a light, refreshing and oomph inducing flavor - I also brought home some cheesecake slices - espresso flavor and caramel flavor are the best, I've tried them all!!! While in Tebrau City, I also had a manicure and pedicure (RM 80 total) done while the two did grocery shopping. We ended up with Old Town's light meal of a shared nasi rendang and my fave white frappucino... and The Boyfriend's Mom drank her 3rd kopi-o. Must try since I'm here, she said. I also introduced The Boyfriend to some Portuguese chicken wings at a eatery which also sells the Macau egg tarts. It's also found at City Square beside the Malay food stall with fishhead curry and green table and chairs. He loved the chicken wings sooooo much he took back half a dozen to Sg.

We came back early because we had to attend a wedding, it was his classmate's wedding and the first time I attended a Malay style wedding - I had expected it to be stuffy-ish, but it was quite refreshing! I guess probably because they were the same age as us - they had decorated the place with orange and white cloth, and chandeliers gave it a modern feel. It was quite a different, and fun experience for me to see The Boyfriend interact with his old schoolfriends, and I was more than content to sit and smile.

Then, we went to walk around Singapore Flyer. Being one of the most un-crowded tourist destinations in the city area, it was just the place for us to take a languid walk. We had one of our first 'official' dates there too, sitting beside the water front overlooking the city skyline. It's now barricaded up in anticipation of the F1 next month. So we walked along the perimeter, and while on the wooden platform, I felt inspired to do a little tap-dance, and we proceeded to do a slow dance without anyone watching. It was a nice way to end the day.

On Sunday we headed to a flea mart at the Art museum. It was national day and free entry to the museum, so what's a better way to spend the afternoon soaking in the fringe festivities - real tight live band and free face painting... ... I went home to rest a bit as I was falling sick and he went to dinner with relatives, then we both met again at night to do some exercise at my park downstairs. We shall do it again this friday! Monday I was basically down for almost the whole day with a sore throat-cum cough and sniffles. I hate being sick, but I recovered enough to go Ice3 for a chill-out seesion and played our boardgame, reversi. I'm still slightly sniffly, sighhhhh.

Today we had the photoshoot. yay! I was really looking forward to it, we both are fans of BryanJean's work, a young and talented couple who are primarily wedding photographers. We were just taking casual shots, and we even shot at Ion, and a lovely place which location's I'm not supposed to reveal. It has my favorite black-and-white walk-up apartments though. We also had a bunch of silver foil balloons with us which added to the happy, lovey, cheery feel. I can't wait to see how the shots turn out. I'm designing a book for it to keep our lovely memories in. I'm glad The Boyfriend appreciates this as much as me, it's nice to keep these memories, hopefully we can do it every year. It's really fun to be models for a day, and B. had so much fun too trying out video-ing us. For a first-timer, I'd say he's pretty amazing and wayyyy to go.

We watched 'up' in 3d after that, it was a fun show, something which tugged a chord in our hearts. I, for one, would not just let my dreams of adventure fade away in normal life. If money's the only stopping that, then, it shouldn't be the case. Actually with flight deals so low now, I'm really aiming to go someplace every year. And we all should, have some adventure every weekend, it makes me feel so alive.