Tuesday, September 15, 2009

O! Glorious Food!

I was very cheered to have had many nice meals lately. And they are nolstalgic, of sorts.

Since I have been sickly for the last months – first flu, and then another sort of flu, and gastroenteritis of a weird kind – I have not had much to eat, and perhaps, not in the right frame of mind to enjoy it, too.

Tracking down a short history of my food haunts, I am quite an unusual customer, you would say. Even if the food is nice, I would not like to visit it again and again week after week. The exception being, of course, lunch. For lunch, I try not to vary too much. Each week, I’d have yong tau foo, Subway Italian BMT, Mos burger… yes, the weekly lunch menu is always similar.

Anyways, I have had the privilege of visiting the top few restaurants in my personal food lists, yes, I do keep a list in my PDA though it’s seldom referred to.

I started posting photos of all the food places we’ve been to recently, so please add me on FB if you wanna. I must say they are nice photos… hee.

So here are my fave picks!

ITALIAN

Best pasta (freshly made and the only one to do so in Singapore)

Pasta Fresca Da Salvatore’s Sixth Avenue

Try the Arrabiata, it got me hooked. And any pizza with salami in it!

Also

Swiss Culture’s cream and mushroom Pasta. Slurp up every bite.

MEXICAN

Margarita’s – it’s the only one I’ve tried and… super delish. At Dempsey and East Coast Rd has one I believe.

KOREAN BBQ

Chang, Korean Restaurant at Dempsey. Packed so have to book on weekends. It introduced me to authentic kimchi – I never liked kimchi, having only tasted the ones at food-courts…now, I LOVE IT. See photos!

The Boyfriend says the kimchi rocks too.

DESSERT (CAKE)

PS CafĂ©’s cakes at Dempsey. I love the pecan pie, sticky date cake, brownie, chocolate blackout…

New favorite being Max Brenner’s Belgian waffle and Crepe Suzette (Esplanade). See photos!






JAPANESE

Without fail, Ichiban Boshi’s sukiyaki and cereal chicken and fresh kajiki sashimi. Some branches have differing standards though, we feel that Esplanade’s one is the best. For more upmarket, Kuriya has a mean sashimi! At Shaw Orchard.

Also, the sukiyaki at ‘Sun with Moon’ both at Clarke Quay and Wheelock is very nice. The plus point of ‘Sun with Moon’ is that it has nice desserts as well. And super romance ambience at Wheelock.

Best soba which made me like soba … Shimbashi soba, Paragon. Try the ‘Oroshi’ cold. And super healthy. See photos!

I have not found any good FRENCH, THAI, CHINESE or SWEDISH food yet… =)

I consider myself blessed we can find such a variety of food in Singapore, and we can afford it, at least as a weekend dinner…



Posted by Picasa