Wednesday, December 23, 2009

not home for christmas...

Just like my wabbit's prediction, I'm not gonna be home for Christmas! I shall gift him a carrot by way of apology.

But my 'second home's a close-by place with lots of food and things to do which I like very much. The Boyfriend and I just had last-last minute plans to hop over to Melaka and thankfully we have nice hosts and will be heading over earlier too, tomorrow, to accomodate some changes.

So it's going to be first time away from home at Christmas for me. A part of me is a bit saddened, after all, I've always caught the Midnight Mass for 6 years now, not breaking the tradition of going to different catholic churches around my residence... hee and also not being able to catch my church's massive service on Christmas Day. But innately, a part of me embraces changes and looks forward to enjoying a positive change this time. Unexpectedly, got invited to a dear friend's house in Melaka on Christmas Day for dinner, so it is rather unusual and exciting this year!

Yes, please be envious of me because not only do I have free accomodation in a all-hotels-fully-booked locale, I have nice food, nice weather, beautiful music and lights and company, and I just have to sit back and enjoy the ride there! I thank God for being a woman who can't drive, sometimes...

=

Recently, we found out about a drastic lie which someone has told us. Apparently, a guy whom some of us once knew told us he came from an illustrious school, undoubtedly to impress those of us from less-illustrious schools (For me, I chose an entirely different artistic route for my scholarly pursuits so, I'm not impressed, either way. Although I have to add, a couple of ex-lovers were from said illustrious school. But lying you are from the school does not make a good note in my...notebook.)

He cooked up a story that he had studied in illustrious school for a year, and then dropped out to pursue creative studies, and getting top distinctions in the creative mode of study. It was not until much, much later, that we found out not only had he imagined the fact he was studying at illustrious school, he studied at one which was at the bottom of the chart, and not only that, he had FAILED and thus had no choice but to choose the creative mode of study. It seems a farce that he could have lied about such things. I think all of us would not even do such a thing - fail then say fail, la. People would rather give you credit for trying again than lying about the situation entirely.

The Boyfriend also knew of a fellow cadet who claimed not only was he qualified to fly a plane (which was highly untrue), he was also dating a hot girl (also untrue!) which nobody really believed anyway. It's delusional, really. I guess you have some of these characters in your life, such sad cases. They think quite highly about themselves, maybe smug at the way they have fooled everyone who know them on a superficial level. If you get to know them better, you can tell something is inherently wrong with them, they have a problem with facing up to reality.

Those guys think they are 'babe magnets' even though they are barrel-shaped or balding or just so irritating and full of themselves. But they think they can pick and choose from the hordes of 'hot girls' that is so 'into' them. They will even tell you about how many girls are hot on their heels and how much of a babe magnet they are. But on closer inspection, it is their own self-delusion.

How I know this is because I once 'kenna-ed' from such a character. He even bluff me (and I naively believed) he invented the shopping centre car park lights which shows green if they are empty... and fed me lots of other ridiculous stuff, surely it is all not true?

As a wise ex-co-worker said to me, don't be too troubled about such things that you encounter. Even in workplaces, there are many colleagues or frenemies who would deny their responsibilities and land you in hot soup. This is a "small" form of such behavior as well. But, once they have done such a thing and every colleague knows that you are innocent, the next time, even if they did do everything right, there is already that doubt planted in everyone's mind... ...

Such lies, such people, we cannot fathom what goes through their minds. But one thing for sure, we are less inclined to believe what they say about their exploits in future, and also, on their job application, they can't lie, because they have to show transcripts and certs and it will show that they are living a delusion. (And my transcript shows that... it is the grace of God that I am top student. No lies about that, it's on paper that I got moderated 'upwards', hee.)

In the past, my old bubbly positive self would chatter to anyone, everyone, but after having met more than one of such nonsensical people, I felt that some people are not even worth a breath of mine. So maybe it's too real or too brutal but there are instances I don't even cast a look at some new fellow, and this is the reason why.
Posted by Picasa