Sunday, December 20, 2009

This Christmas

This Christmas, I was cheerful to know that I've a loved one by my side. Imagined opening presents - and finally having someone special to buy a special gift for - trawling different malls just to find that all-special gift. I love the feeling of knowing that you have bought the right gift for someone special.

This Christmas, I imagine us on a short trip to a place I love, and just spending the short days soaking up some sun, eating nice and inexpensive foods, walking to places where the romance can be felt, with a bit of live music, a bit of the sound of birds chirping, a bit of hugging and walking hand in hand. I love the sound of birds chirping as the dawn rises somehow. Maybe I'm a country girl at heart and the city has left me feeling weak. One thing I hate is the crowds that make even walking through the Christmas lights difficult. But still, I'm sure we can find our place, a special place, together, or can we? I used to be so sure. 'It's Christmas!' these words blast out in every shop with ever increasing urgency to shoppers. For Christians, it's also a time where we fervently invite our friends to our events and church celebrations. And, not forgetting, work as usual. Work is important and we have to do it whether we like it or not. But in the midst of these all, you are on my mind. I've always done things with you in mind. When I buy my christmas cards, I think if you would like it too. And my clothes as well - though I do not dress for you, somehow having someone to dress for makes me make more interesting choices, more dresses and less tee shirts, presenting a nice package to the one I love.

This Christmas, I wish that we could spend a lovely first Christmas together.