Friday, April 16, 2010

florals and stripes






I was complaining to MsBestFriend the other day about how clothes prices seem to be shooting up the ceilings... There used to be a time where one could trial-and-error and not try on tops and just go shopping and even forget about the pieces in the wardrobe. Well, not anymore (though I did get a top for $15 - a steal, not discounted) those pieces are rare to come by and being again at Ion Orchard I tried to find a top with a good price, which I liked. I can't wear cheap(er) Made in China/HK clothes given my lanky frame. Sure enough there were nice design tees at uniqlo... but my fave brands were pull and bear, somehow, every season, there's always something for me to buy. I love this season's old-school floral hues of poppy red and navy and black and white, teamed with a yellow cardigan (found at pull and bear, only $29.90) and lovely colors - beige or off khaki playsuits and billowy blouses. A fresh take from the sequin and polyster military look.

There was a new shop that opened - 'stradivarius', along the walkway from Wheelock to Ion. It has really nice clothes, I saw those digital-floral print which looks exactly like watercolor, lovely... it's a cousin of Zara under the Inditex group. Like Bershka and Pull and Bear, of which it seems I have a season's collection in my wardrobe - Pull and Bear does the best, lovely gray, navy, off white colored tops of which I have too many and each time I open my wardrobe I feel like buying something yellow, orange or pink... anyways, Stradivarius seems to have the Pull and Bear vibe (and not the common Zara vibe) with sensible prices, and interesting stuff - I wanted to buy a lace top, a white top with some lace elements... and it has nice stuff which is worth taking a look. The moodboard on top is found at their blog.

Oh yes, I've tried at last the bagels which always tempt me as they hang from the display at Bread society... I am in love (who knew!) with the sundried tomato bagel. Initially bought for Mushroom who loves gourmet bread AND tomatoes more than me, I peeled off a piece to find... a little green olive in it! Not knowing if olives can cause stomachache to a wee bunny, I ate it and... heaven! The taste of olive, spices, sundried tomato in a bagel was bliss... I polished it off as a pre-lunch snack without adding anything to it. Yum... looking forward to my next trip there...

Love the florals on the painter girls. At Stradivarius.
Been looking everywhere for a floral cardigan like that...I also like the shorts, the belt, the hair...





For some love humor in a cartoon, go to www.kartoen.be. I always like how witty it can be in 4 boxes... and they always bring a smile to my face.
My favorite wedding themed blog has moved to www.greenweddingshoes.com . Have I ever said I want a photo like this? With the sunlight gleaming though our side silhouette... a photo that can leave you mesmerised and standing still in time... there are so many nice couple photos there that you can spend oodles of time just looking at them - I also love the table centrepieces that are so unique and different from our local traditions.

I feel that it's always a good investment to save up to get really good photographers to capture moments like this... I'm of course advocating designers and photographers... but I feel that a photo like this... is priceless... something to keep forever.