Friday, April 09, 2010

A new perspective

















Not so despondent now that I'm gainfully gaining some small income by teaching tuition, aggressively. With 3 jobs lined up, my weekly income adds up to about two hundred bucks + a week, so it looks like a decent amount which I can survive on without depleting any finances. The school also offered me a teaching job- basic english to PRC but the pay is not optimal, plus if I take it up, I would not be able to look for a full time employment elsewhere...so decided to give it a miss.

So for the last few days in between teaching and running errands, I have been reading voraciously. A classic, a bestseller, some magazines, and a couple of NY Times Opinions - I love the way the articles are crafted.

Meanwhile, I pray and hope that I get a good, suitable job soon.
I realised that I'm perhaps a bit visionary in a sense... the KPIs of my previous job were humanly impossible to accomplish by one person as well... so if I did spend a few more months, perhaps fulfil the obligatory probation period, I would yet still be unable to fulfil the KPI (actually I believe no one did in the job's history of employees), so, I would have gotten a bad review and had my probation extended and maybe only confirmed a year later... which, being a VWO, if I were to continue in this industry, the other VWO's pay are horribly low anyways (read about it in the papers, it's about the pay of those medical social workers... horrid horrid), so, I would be stuck in a rut sooner or later. Which is to my consolation, although the colleagues are fantastic, so is the location, benefits, current salary, etc... the future prospects are really gloomy compared to elsewhere. I guess it's a matter of timing, peseverance, courage and blessing to land into a fulfiling career. Most people are having jobs they dread, which eats into their spunky personality... well, it's only a matter of time before I find that almost-perfect job, and, at least, I'm consoling myself, I'm not doing it with mortgage debts and kids in tow. True, hunting for a job can be stressful, boring, and depressing... but I'm thankful for the tuition income which is more than enough to survive, and the time and place in life which I have now. Most of all, the past month has given me lots of things to think about, and with a new perspective, somemore...
Posted by Picasa