Tuesday, April 06, 2010

movie night/s

I think I'm starting to be a fangirl of romantic movie comedies, after having watched and really liked the Patrick Dempsey movies 'Made of Honor' and 'Enchanted'...

We watched 'The Proposal' last year and it was sooooo hilarious we borrowed the video and watched it again over the long weekend. I'm the type of moviegoer who actually likes to read the book before watching the movie - if the book is good I will watch the movie (like Angels and Demons, Twilight...) but if the book in my opinion is too cliched or serious (My Sister's Keeper, The Time Traveler's wife) I will not even want to watch the movie. Also, I like to watch 'indie' movies so was really raving to watch 'Up in the Air' which was produced by the producers of Juno, which had a really nice, watchable vibe with great acting and scripting.

Thus was also raring to go to watch 'When in Rome' as I loved 'The Proposal'. Both shows also has cute, really tall guys... a really huge plus in my opinion! It's a nice show, the slapstick drama and humor really appeals to my psychotic side, hahaha...plus it's always nice to watch a light-hearted drama about love, isn't it?

I think beneath all the humor though, is a deep yearning for human relationships, especially that between a man and a woman. Which woman doesn't yearn to be courted by a nice guy, hopefully one who is well-dressed, nicely padded (not too thin nor too chunky), eyes you can swim in, a smile that 'stuns' you, preferably owning a nice ride (for the more 'mature' guys), a stable and prospectful career... yes... there are such men here and I do know of a few... I can sense their yearnings too. Some just attract (or are attracted to for that matter) the wrong types : the 'still don't know what they want' types, the 'not into commitment' types, the 'just so wrong for you' types. And with each passing year they wonder silently, what is wrong with me... Yes, I can sense that... the silent yearning in their eyes as they witness their friends moving to the next phase of life while they remain single. And while constantly attracting the wrong types.

So, what is the answer? I, too, never expected to be attached and sometimes still wonder, what have I done to be so blessed (of course, some other areas of my life are not so blessed, like my work life... it's fair, haha) there are other girls with better attributes than me, more worthy of such a romance. Maybe I'm also not so grateful to be attached as I have had my fair share of relationships - not that it's a number game, but surely, for those who have yet to have their 'first times', they will treasure the sweet blush of first romance more, non?

Sure wish I could save all of them! (By matchmaking, not having relationships with) Haha!

Meanwhile... I will anticipate my first one year anniversary 2 months' time... my first proposal, my first wedding (not my first time in a wedding dress but long story), my first diamond... my first home, my first kid... Hmmm... some of them not-very-anticipated...